test results

Lisa O

Well it took a full week to get my test results. I am feeling a bit deflated. Initially I was told it was stable but when I asked for the report, I noted that there had been definate progression of several nodules. There was also a new low attenuation density on the kidney but too small to characterize. There is new emphysema of the upper lobe (cannot figure out that one!) My kidney function has continued to worsen so we have cut my Celebrex down to 400 mg per day.

My oncologist is going to go through all of the CTs to determine when the nodules grew (since the last CT I was just told "stable" and had never seen the report. I will then figure out where to go from there. It may be that the progression is slow and that my treatment is still working.

Hi Cathy,

All the nodules in my right lung (three the first surgery and eight the second surgery) were removed and my right lung was clean -- for three weeks. But then it recurred and I now have bilateral disease. The progression happens to be in the nodules in my right lung. For some reason the cancer there does not seem to want to go away. :(

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Doggone it! That's not what you wanted to hear and that's not what we wanted to hear either. I think the hardest time after getting news about any kind of progression is the first few days. After that, it just kind of settles in and we are up and fighting again. You've got the weekend to let this news soak in, but by Monday or Tuesday, I bet you'll be posting with a plan and be feeling a lot more optimistic.

We all love you, Lisa, and you are going to be ok!!

Love,

Peggy

Lisa,

I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I am sorry. But don't go into a blue funk until the doctor gets all the information and gives you the complete report.

I don't think we need to know the exact questions to ask. Just ask, tell me what this means in laymen's language and what can we do about it.

Lisa,

I just now read this and am sorry that your reports weren't all clear. I hope that your docs have some good tricks up their sleeve for you and you get on that path really soon....many positive thoughts from me for you.

Cindy

Lisa,

How terrible that you had to wait so long for news like this! I'm a bit confused, did your dr. originally tell you were stable and then you had to point out the progression in the nodules to HIM??? If so, how does he explain this.

Hopefully, you will be able to remain on the Iressa and continue a somewhat "normal" life, but if they decide to change the treatment, ask about ALL the options, Tarceva, Alitma, and anything that is not so devastating to your body!

I'm sorry that you have to worry about this over the weekend. I'm sure the doc will have a plan next week. Please keep us posted.

TAnn

lisa,

i'm so sorry that it took you so long to get the news. waiting for test results is so hard as it is.

i hope that the reports are clarified soon and that the clarification brings good news. i'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this over the weekend. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

God bless,

mj

Lisa

We "talked" last night but I did want you to know that I am thinking of you. I hope you get additional answers in a timely manner next week, so that you can move forward. It probably feels like you are standing still, now. I pray it's really nothing to worry about, after all.

love and fortitude

elaine

Oh Lisa

I am so sorry to hear that some of the air has left your balloon. It is so difficult to keep out spirits up while we wait for answers....doggonnit anyway.

I try to keep distracted and busy during times like these and extra pampering is sometimes useful.

I pray that everything will turn out all right for you.

I am glad that you posted this scary news.

Cindi O'H