The Return of Grumpy One Lung

Ry

'This is a message I received from Grumpy One Lung. I don't think he'd mind me posting it, it's a great story:

This is not where I should post this but I saw your name(s) (Ry) and just had to post here so I did.

Still miss your gettogether up north of me, but when the hospital calls you must go, really missed being able to meet you all. Since I last posted here I have had a Hernia repaired, a Cataract repaired, and was at deaths door. I spent a month not being able to eat and lost something like 50 pounds.

The story of my still being here goes something like this. My 7 year old granddaughter told me one day that I was not going to be here for Christmas this year, and she needed me to be hear. So, I got to thinking about that. I had refused Chemo (I knew it would kill me so no deal), and they wanted me to take Radiation at the same time, I refused. But following what my very cool granddaughter said to me and knowing that I was going to die soon, I went for both, well here I am 5 weeks later and 100 percent better then I have been during the past 19 months. Hows that for a turn around? So much for coming back from the edge.

I have not been here much in some time because I was so down, but I am back now, will try to watch where I post from now on though, LOL.

To all and any new comers, a big Welcome to you all. There are hundreds of LC folks here with just tons of stories and good information for you and I daily. Please read away and see how many of us have like problems and how we deal with it.

Of course doctors are welcome here. I always wondered how many we had on this site.

All of My Prayers and Best Wishes to Us All. Grumpy One Lung

Hey, there Grump!

Well, I guess by emailing the Overseer of the Hall Passes (that would be Ry) you have found a way to avoid paying a hefty fine for your long absence. You have been missed by many.

And I am soooooooo glad you decided to mind the 7 year old. :wink:

Get stronger, and come back soon and often.

More from Grumpy...

Thank You all for the replys, what a wonderful place this is for those of us with LC. Yes my granddaughter is just that, an Angle. I plan on being around for some time Thanks to her and each and every one of you.

Love to each of you, Bless each of you. Grumpy One Lung

Wonderful story. Children are a blessing aren't they? When my daughter was born my dad (who I never imagined would quit smoking) suddenly and abruptly quit smoking. When I asked why, he said, "I don't want my grandaughter to be exposed to second hand smoke".

Glad to see you back!!

kikathi