Ada has been gone one year

JimW

It will be one year tomorrow that I lost Ada. It has been tough year and I miss her very much. I haven't posted much but I check in often. I find it difficult sometimes but I know this place was so important to her. I don't know how many people here remember Ada - there are so many new members. But I know there are still some of her friends out there. She was a wonderful person who cared so much for others and especially this group. I just wanted to honor her by mentioning the one year anniversary. When Ginny's Earl passed away it really seemed to affect me - Ginny and Ada had become good friends and talked often on the phone. It just seemed like another chapter closing. In general I am coping fairly well - my kids are great and my job keeps me in a constant "overload" state (one of those good news bad news things). Going back to PA for my 40th HS reunion next month. It will be good to see some "old" friends. Anyhow, thanks for listening - continuing to hope for the very best for everyone here.

Jim

Dear Jim,

It was good to hear from you. I know Becky and Ada posted quite a bit together until she passed. I am glad that things seem to be going as well as could be expected, and wish you and your family nothing but the best going forward. I know the reunion will be tough; I am getting ready for our college reunion at the end of next month, and it is already bothering me some.

Curtis

Dear Jim,

Here I sit staring at a blank screen not having any great words of wisdom coming forth from this old brain.

I think of Ada often. Isn't it amazing how much a person can become a part of your life with just her voice and written word. As I have said often, I can still hear Ada say, Hi Ginny. Her words were sweet and wise and so was her voice.

Jim your year of firsts, first Christmas, birthday, etc., is over and mine has just begun. I am very ambivilant about this coming year, hurry up and get over or slow down and let me reflect, not sure what I want.

I wish you reunion was on this side of the state but it is in Pittsburgh isn't it? Have you been exercising and dieting? LOL Have fun.

Love,

Jim---none of us will forget Ada, she was a wonderful caring woman----and very helpful to everyone on this board---We all miss her ----

Hopefully, your beautiful memories of her and your time together helps to ease your pain

best wishes

Dear Jim,

I will never forget Ada..I have her email she sent me right next to my dads picture, still on my refridgerater..I still am one day going to get it framed and matted..So she will be in my heart forever..She was a beautiful woman, she brought me much comfort after my dad passed..

Jim,

I didn't know Ada well, but I did know that she was a kind person. She was one of the first to respond to my post when I first came here and always had so much wisdom.

I remember when Ada left us, it was one of the first times I was to feel the loss of someone on here. I told my daughter about it because she had been to the board a couple times and posted for me when I was hospitalized. The first thing she said was "mom, is that the nice lady with the lei around her neck in her picture?" Even though my daughter had only been here two or three times, it was enough for Ada to make an impression on her.

I hope the coming year will bring you peace..

I was pretty new here when Ada died, but I remember her well, too. Even in my limited contact with Ada, her beauty came through. Her death was the first one I'd experienced from among the lchelp members, and it saddened me deeply. Jim, I'm glad that you are learning to live a different life without your beloved Ada. Best wishes to you. - Teresa

Ada,

had a way to make you feel welcomed and cared about. She was a class act. Always possitive, and cnoncerned for others first. Jim, I miss her twi, She was one of the first poeople to welcome me. We were dignosed very similar, I took her loss hard, and still miss her. Thank you Ada for enetring my life.

Cheryl

Jim,

I didn't know Ada very well. I loved reading her posts and seeing her beautiful smile and the lei she was wearing in her Avatar. She was always so kind and her wisdon and advice was always so inspiring. I was so saddened when she left us. Your heart is still healing. I am praying comfort and peace for you. We miss her very much too...

God Bless and prayers,

Karen

Jim-

My husband and I just returned from 2 weeks in the Hawaiian Islands. I can't tell you how many times a vision of our beloved and gracious Ada in her aloha dress and lei came to my mind during our stay. I still think of her often, remember her words of wise counsel, miss her optimism and beautiful spirit, and mourn her passing. I know it has to be ever so much harder for you, Jim.

I hope things are going well with you and your eye problem. Hope you had fun at the reunion. Blessings.

• 1 month later...