Checking in but now time for hall pass

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Thanks to all who were concerned about me. I was completely without communication or transportion for a week - long story rather not share. Hopefully I will get a ride to airport and be able to return home on Thursday. Much to do - test that should have been done - considering hospice - legal papers to be taken care off - install new carpet, fix stuff, put condo on market.

Depending on how much time----------I am paring down to just what I can fit in the car and taking off. It doesn't seem having conventional medical help will make much difference now. My car is old and I've rarely driven interstate. Hope I can hold it together to travel to the Carolinas and Georgia and maybe take a small, month to month rental there.

Everyone take care. I'll be back when I can. Sorry I didn't get too make much of a difference as far as Oprah and all that. The other day I saw show for first time in ages and she gave everyone in audience a new car.

Pshaw! What happened to the caring, compassionate Oprah who knew saving lives was more important than make a bunch of people scream OMG! Wow! I never believed it could happen."

If anyone is in or around southern Palm Beach County with a van or truck, I've got a 4 drawer letter size file cabinet, 2 computers, glass and wrought iron dining room table with 2 chairs, a massage chair (dog chewed through wire though but can be replaced) $300 bike 27 speed mountain bike rarely ridden (just before my dx) and lots of stuff I'm giving away including VERY expensive juicer, 2 computer tables, 3 shelf fold up bookcases, portable sewing machine, air filters, blender, pots, tea kettle, cute tea pot, etc., etc. I'm giving them away so you can't beat price.

Interested, drop me a line at at cat_odair@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Cat

I don't even know what to say in response to your post, Cat, other than that I'm glad to know you're doing okay. I'd be glad to give you that ride to the airport . . . just call me.

You're right - material possessions are not what's important. But doing what YOU want to do is. But please don't lose hope.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

OPRAH SCMOPRAH! Cat, it's not Oprah who makes the differnce here. YOU Have made a differnce here with sharing your heart and concerns and caring ways is what has made a HUGE DIFFRENCE! We have been the LUCKY ONES! If we are meant to be on OPRAH, then it WILL HAPPEN! But, please be kind to yourself and know you have helped many many people right here at LCSC that REALLY NEEDED your support! Drive careful and we'll be here when you get to where your headed.

Cat,

I have been so worried about you these last few weeks. I can only imagine how hopeless you feel at the moment. I hope something will happen soon to change that. I think it is prudent to take care of lose ends but I sure hate for you to have to move at a time like this. So much added stress can't be good for you. Is there no way you can stay where you are?

I wish I was there to give you a huge hug...(((Cat))). Try to take care of yourself and do what is best for you and that darling little dog and I would say to heck with everyone else right now. You have made such a great difference on this board with support and comfort for everyone here. Please take care of yourself, and ask for help from someone...hospice....neighbors...someone. I wish I was there to help you myself. Angie is right...Alabama is a great place to be.

Nina

Cat

I've been looking for a post from you since the hurricanes hit. It sounds like you're having a really hard time. As others have said, there must be someone around you can lean on for a bit of TLC -- friends, neighbors, old teachers.... You need and DESERVE that right now. I've followed your posts and think you're one incredible person.

I hope you don't use that Hall Pass for too long. I, for one, am going to be looking for your posts. I so wish I could do more than that but please know you'll be missed by many of us on this message board.

((((((HUGS))))))

Gail P-M

Cat, I am so very worried about you. We Floridians have to stick together. Sometimes it is good to rid ourselves of excess baggage and venture out and experience new things. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. You know that we will all be concerned and worried until we hear from you!

Oh, Cat....so glad you're not among the missing anymore but, dam*, i hate to hear that air of hopelessness in your post. You've been such a compassionate friend to so many on this board....i've always looked forward to your posts: they're unique and quirky and filled with spirit!!

I hope that spirit finds you again....you deserve to be on the receiving end of it for a change......my best thoughts are going out to you, and I hope you don't stay away too long......

Wishing you find the peace you deserve,

Mary

Dear Cat,

Just want to add my pleas to those above--don't abandon us completely. You've been such a help to so many of us, have invigourated so many of us, have kept us going in a way. I just wish there were some way we could reciprocate, now when you need some support and encouragement the most. Like everyone else, I hope that you'll stay in touch, however minimally, and that you find a comfortable, comforting place to stay and start things anew. Will you be near your daughter? You must let us here know where you are so that those who DO live nearby can help somehow....

Gandhi is a far better inspiration than Oprah!

Love,

Ellen