Finally back~~~

Angie Daughter of Bill

Well, gang, I have been having trouble connecting and staying connected to the internet. For some reason, I was able to connect this morning. ??? (I hope it doesn't kick me off before I can finish this post)

I received a call from TeeTaa yesterday checking on me and Dad. (thank you for that. :wink: ) TeeTaa always seems to just "know" when I need a friend to talk to.

Anywho.......Dad is going for a CT of the chest in the morning. This CT is EXTREMELY important in my eyes. It will determine if the Iressa has been working. On one hand I think it is working. The pain that Dad had in his shoulder is almost gone. It is much milder now and he is handling it without pain meds. On the other hand, I am scared absolutely to death. It seems that Dad's cough is MUCH WORSE. (just in the past week) He has been taking a codeine cough syrup round the clock.............as opposed to just one dose every few days. I also noticed yesterday that he was kind of "wheezy". (I'm sure that's not a real word :lol: ) He also gets short of breath a bit easier. To top it off, he told me last night that his back was hurting. (mets to T5, 8, and 12) Please, say a prayer for my Dad, Billy. I could also use a few prayers right now. Prayers of strength. I'm not feeling very strong right now.

I am so sad to return to the board and see that we have lost Dave S., Renee's husband, Phyllis..........and Cat.........I don't really understand her post. I wish that Cat would head to Alabama instead of where she is heading. I would certainly do everything I could to help her. I have a rent house that is at the end of my driveway and it is empty right now. I could let

Cat stay there. My husband says that I can't save the world, but I say I can save some.

I apologize for being such a downer this morning. I am getting sick with a cold or bronchitis. Put all the bad news AND Dad's scans coming up tomorrow........I'm just a party pooper today. I think I will head over to the Just for Laughs forum and see how the ladies have been doing while I've been away. All of those folks always seem to cheer me up. Love to all!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Angie,Glad to hear from you.sorry you aren't feeling so hot rite now.That has to be tough going thru storm afteraffects and no power & all the other bs that goes w/it.We got hit real hard w/rain & flooding all the way up here in western Pa.Praying that you get feeling better and your dads tests come out ok & can get relief from the pain.

Angie

You are the dearest of a dear freind. I have said it before, but I so wish we all could be together somehow. It doesn't seem fair that we are scattered about. I wish I could help you, too. Go with you to the Dr and help hold you up and laugh with you when the good news comes!

But pls know that we are with you and your Dad today in spirit!

love and fortitude

elaine

Angie,

You must take care of yourself. I order you too. Now is the time when your reserves are so depleted that you have to take better care of yourself so your dad can depend on you.

I ask my parents every day to put in a word with the big guy to heal your dad and i hope they don't let me down again, my sister is not doing too well and I am not too happy with them right now about that.

call me if you need anything.

Angie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, and I hope you get an antibiotic for the bronchitis.

As far as everything else with your dad, I can't say anything about the coughing because my husband hasn't had that, but I do want you to know I REALLY identify with the "scanitis" (that's what I call the worry-disease we all get at scan time). I've got scanitis this week, too, as my hubby is getting his first set of scans as I type, and another tomorrow, with results on Friday. I've just decided there just isn't anything to make it go away and we just have to "stress out". LOL! Not a good response, huh? If you have a pill for "scanitis", please mail some to me via FedEx. :) Of course, you know I hope and pray that all goes well, and I hope you got some good laughs this morning in Just for Laughs.

Loveya,

Peggy

Peggy,

They make a pill for that, it's called "Valium"...taken with a 7&7*, it's pretty effective... :shock:

...or as I discussed with Angie earlier, "Val", the cabana boy, with fruity-boozy drink in hand, fanning my white butt (can't tan anymore) in a hammock on the beach on some tropical paradise island with no phones, no phones, no phones! :wink:

*I AM joking, I do NOT suggest mixing heavy-duty drugs with alcohol

Hey Sweetie,

Sorry to hear your having puter problems, and hope that is fixed for you.

Also sorry to hear your not feeling well. DRUGS DRUGS And MORE DRUGS!!! Oh, along with REST!!!

As for Dad, well, you now I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

I have a feeling your stomach is in KNOTS!!! OH HOW WELL I KNOW THOSE KNOTS!

It has been a sad several days on the board with the loss of so many of our friends again. Pretty hard to get in a party mood when all our friends aren't with us. :cry::cry:

Just wanted to send along a HUG (((((((ANGIE))))))))

Stay strong my dear, and GOOD LUCK with the CT SCAN. Let us know how things go. MANY PRAYERS FOR DAD!!!

Sounds like I may need to call you again, huh?! :lol:

After reading all the bad news on here last night, I was having one of those sad times too (especially since yesterday afternoon we'd gone to a remembrance ceremony at the hospice house for all those who'd died there from 4/1/04 to 7/31/04). The good news is that I learned that my new contacts that I'm REALLY trying to get used to feel a lot better when it's a teary day! :lol::lol:

Anyway, I hope that by the time you're reading this your spirits are better. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you take your Dad to get the CT scan. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Praying for us all (especially my sisters, authentic AND adopted!),

TeeTaa

hi angie,

praying that the iressa is working for your father. i have read from other posts (i believe dr. joe said something about this) that iressa may take longer to really work for certain people (months, i think he said), so please keep that in mind. please take care of yourself too (cold vs. bronchitis is a huge difference!).

God bless,

mj

Angie,

I was so glad to see your post but very sorry to hear about your circumstances. I hope your dad gets to feeling better soon and that his scans are ok. As for you, it sounds like you need to see a doctor for yourself. All of the stress of a loved one being sick can cause our own immune systems to break down sometimes...take care of yourself.

I liked Peggy's term "scanitis" I have it too. I think we all have it. Put me on the mailing list if you find a cure. I have you all in my prayers and wish you the best.

Nina

PS...glad you made it through Ivan.

Angie,

Glad you are back. Praying right now that your Dad's CT this am is only good news.

Sweetie, you have got to do what you have got to do to keep going on this journey. If it be sex, drugs or rock and roll, you gotta do it. Take care of yourself so that yourself can take care of your Dad.

Love,