Welcome LeoraeK

Donna G

LeoraeK ------- THIS WAS POSTED BY GUEST IN MY STORY

Guest ---------- I HOPE YOU REGISTER AND JOIN US DONNA G

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:05 am Post subject: My Lung Cancer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had lung cancer for about 1 year now, but just heard about this support site from a friend in Minnesota. I have non small cell lung cancer which had, when diagnosed, spread to my mediasternim lymph nodes. I had surgery to remove the cancer from my lung and also the lymph nodes. Then begin the long radiation and chemotherapy. After several months, the cancer had spread to my adrenal gland and also two lymph nodes. I started on Cisplatin and Taxotere. The first treatment was a breeze - up and at it in about 3 days. But.... the next was a killer. Two weeks later, I am still anemic, taking Procrit and my platlets are low. I am totally fatigued and nauseated. I have an oncologist in St. Louis and Jefferson City. I am scheduled for a cat scan next week and if the tumor on the adrenal gland has shrunk, I will take only one kind of chemo which should be easier on the body. Thanks for listening.

Back