Calling All Cooks !!

kitkathi

Hello All,

TeeTaa is sending me all the info for doing cookbooks as fundraisers. But in the mean time (while it is still fresh in your minds) you can send me your recipes. We still don't have a title yet but we will "Vote" on a title at a later date. If you could send me your recipes through the good ole' fashion mail system I would appreciate it. That way I don't have to print out 1000 e-mails. It would be great if you could include the following:

1. Recipe (and state main dish, dessert etc.) and thorough instructions (yes like temp., approximate -real- people servings etc :lol:

2. Your name and e-mail address in case we have questions :?

3. Write a little something (dedication) about the possible connection (but there doesn't need to be, I thought it would be neat) the recipe has to you/or loved one that is/has battled Lung Cancer. Like "These were my pops (Bill xxxx's) favorite cookies" etc.

Send to:

LCSC Recipes

c/o Mrs. Olson

P.O. Box 73353

Davis, CA 95617

If you have any questions, just PM me. Natalie has been gracious enough to offer to help out with this project; she lives close by!! This is going to be great!!

** I don't know how to put a sticky on this to keep it up top. If anyone can tell me how to do this it wold be appreciated. So until then, kick it up to the top for me once in a while.

kitkathi

I have been waiting for a chance to share this one:

CAT LITTER CAKE - this is an actual recipe!

*NOTE: THIS CAKE CONTAINS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT IS NOT EDIBLE!!

CAKE INGREDIENTS

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix

1 box of white cake mix

1 package white sandwich cookies

1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix

A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS" 1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan.

Prepare pudding and chill.

Crumble cookies in small batches in a blender or food processor.

Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs.

Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss

with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the

mixture moist but not soggy.

Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable.

Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more

rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining

white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly

over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the

cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining

Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box.

Place litter box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper.

It is sure to get some comments, if nothing else, I guess. Becky had come across this recipe but never had a chance to try it out. I figured I would eventually, since all my cooking tastes like sh*t anyway.

Curtis

I'll be sending some favorite family recipes. TeeTaa, Vivi and I will have to coordinate so you don't get duplicates or triplicates, though. The cookbook company may be able to accept the recipes electronically. This would certainly be easier on everyone, at least me, and I would think for them as well because they are certainly using some sort of software to format the cookbook.

Hey, Sisters! I think you both should make that cake for your daughters' birthdays next week.

Fran

I will send some as well.

Question - can they be dedicated for other cancers as well? I have a couple of recipes that I made specifically for my MIL when she was having chemo for ovarian cancer? Just want to make sure I don't alter the theme :)

PS. For the cat cake - we made this cake for a co-worker and warmed the tootsie rolls up in the microwave (just a couple of seconds) and strung them from the sides of the litter box - for added effect. It was awesomely gross!

Much Love,

Amy

I would love to share some of my recepies. I collected quite a few while cooking on tugboats.As soon as I get home from Maine I'll get them ready.

Rachel

P.S. My father had 4 bypasses on Thursday & today was doing quite well. Good color & vitals. Thanks for all your prayers.

Rachel

Hey Kathi-

Give me a call when you get the details from Tee Taa. I'll help you come up with a game plan. Are you aiming to get this done before Christmas? I'm going to email you my home phone number and my cell phone in case you don't have it. I'm really excited about this idea! I think it's great. I already have about 20 coworkers that I know would buy it. They are so supportive. We can also talk to the Ramos Foundation too as I bet they have a whole set of people that would buy it too! This is GREAT!!!

Well, after reading Curtis' contribution I don't feel so bad about what I think every time I read the heading of this thread.

I know it says "...Cooks...", but what first pops in to my mind is KOOKS. :)

I have a recipe close to Curtis' called "Dirt Cake" and instead of tootsie roll surprizes it's filled with Gummy Worms. My kids loved that kind of stuff when they were little.

Well hopefully like me everybody is still typing away...Now I'll keep working on this until you tell me a due date cause that's the kind of procrastinator I am :wink: . So what say we pick a date for everyone to have stuff to you....Thanksgiving maybe????

Rochelle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sending you what I have so far. Now don't get all excited cause its not a lot, but I am still working! Giving this a bump up and reminding Debi and Fay A to send in their great recipes for chicken. :P

The bad thing about doing this at this time of the year is I find myself going for all those great fall recipes for squash and sweet potatoes. I had to force myself to look for a fruit salad recipe.

Good luck on the book!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...