Does anyone have a website with definitions?

3boys4amy

I see so many terms here that I am not familiar with and I would love to know what these things mean. Is there a good website out there that explains all these things in laymans terms? I know that my dad won't understand them, thus won't be able to communicate what the doctor says clearly, so I would like to be able to understand what he tells me and know how to say it here. Make any sense? Thanks!!

Here are two that I frequently use:

Webmed:

http://my.webmd.com/hw/index/index-drug_data-A.asp

Online medical dictionary:

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/omd/

I also have a cable connection and can open two Internet Explorer windows at the same time so I can flip over and look things up that people talk about. You should also be able to open two IE's if you have DSL. I don't think it would work very well with a dial-up.

Peggy

Sometime nothing helps.

Tonight I was trying to find out what perihilar meant (a term on my husband's ct report). Perihilar cannot be found. Hilar referred me to hilum. Hilum has something to do with a seed attached to a stalk and peri has something to do with a fairy or elf. So, the end result is "elfseed" or "fairystalk" and I KNOW that isn't what the radiologist meant. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Peggy