WBR

kimblanchard

I am going to start WBR on Monday for 20 sessions. I have been told that I will definitely lose my hair. I want to know how. Is it a slow process or does it out come in large clumps?

I am interested in your experience with your hair growing back. How long after the treatments did it start to grow back? Also, for the ladies out there, how long did it take to get to a length that you could get by without a wig.

Maureen I. Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:36 pm Post subject: WBR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to start WBR on Monday for 20 sessions. I have been told that I will definitely lose my hair. I want to know how. Is it a slow process or does it out come in large clumps?

I am interested in your experience with your hair growing back. How long after the treatments did it start to grow back? Also, for the ladies out there, how long did it take to get to a length that you could get by without a wig.

//////////////////////

Despite comments from a few people that I offer nothing back I have offered my wife's experience with WBR and head hair / eyebrow loss. More recently I also asked about some hair regrowth during chemo and got a couple of replies including one from Dr. Joe as I recall. If interested in these posts it shouldn't be that hard to find them if you do a search of my posts.

Maureen I. Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:36 pm Post subject: WBR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//////////////////////

Despite comments from a few people that I offer nothing back I have offered my wife's experience with WBR and head hair / eyebrow loss. More recently I also asked about some hair regrowth during chemo and got a couple of replies including one from Dr. Joe as I recall. If interested in these posts it shouldn't be that hard to find them if you do a search of my posts.

///////////////////

P.S. My wife finished WBR at the beginning of June 2004 and lost all of her head hair and eyebrows shortly thereafter. Since then she has had 4 cycles of chemo ( gemzar / carboplatin ). I noticed ~ a month ago that she began getting some fuzzies, a patch or 2 of denser hair regrowth and a few isolated strands. Very uneven regrowth but just in the last couple of weeks I've noticed that her head hair and eyebrows are regrowing at an accelerated rate. More widespread / even growth as well.

Maureen,

My husband's hair started to come out in clumps after about 5 treatments. Since here a bald spot, there a bald spot, looked pretty strange, we shaved his head.

Don't remember how long until it came back, because as a very unvain man he could have cared less. Although it did come back darker and wavy.

Hi Maureen,

I started losing my hair two wks. after my last treatment. I didn't go

totally balled, but I should have it was so thin. My niece is a hair dresser

so she buzz it to a quarter of a inch. I was told 100 days from the time

it was done falling out it should start to grow. And I happen exactly that

way for me. I wore a wig for about 2and a half months. It was cold out.

Heat escapes from your head. There is a shampoo and also a conditioner

called Nioxin. It makes your hair grow faster and is not absorbed into

the blood stream like some others. You have to buy it in a salon.

Oh yeah to answer your questions, my hair came out in clumps and it was

shoulder length. Don't get down about your hair it will grow back.

Mine it about 3" long now. It is frustating at times, because I've always

had it long. I just have to learn to work w/ short hair. Take care and

good luck.

Maureen,

My husband's hair started coming out on the 8th day of treatment and it came out in clumps. He took a paper plate and went into the bathroom and just pulled it all out all at once. There wasn't anything on top to begin with so we easily adjusted to his new "do". I tried to talk him into buying an afro wig to wear to work the first day he had to go back to get some giggles, but he wouldn't do it.

He was sitting in the break room with some guys and one of them asked him if it bothered him to not have any hair. He said, "No, it doesn't bother me a bit. I feel sorry for you, you're the one that has to look at it." :lol::lol:

Love,

Peggy

Hi Maureen,

When my husband lost his hair, it came out evenly after his 4th treatment over about an 8 day period. He just started to see a lot of hair in the shower, and each day it got thinner and thinner until all that was left was an all over type of fuzz (we shaved it short after the 3rd day). He never lost it all, and never lost his eyebrows or eyelashes, or any other hair. After the treatments stopped we started to notice his hair growing longer and thicker about 3 weeks following. About 4 months later, it was like it never happened-full thick head of hair.

I think that each person is different, and it can vary from person to person. Keith starts WBR on Monday as well, and his doctors said to expect hair loss after about the first week of treatment.

I will be thinking about you Monday, and keeping you in my prayers.

Carleen

Hi Maureen,

When my husband lost his hair, it came out evenly after his 4th treatment over about an 8 day period. He just started to see a lot of hair in the shower, and each day it got thinner and thinner until all that was left was an all over type of fuzz (we shaved it short after the 3rd day). He never lost it all, and never lost his eyebrows or eyelashes, or any other hair. After the treatments stopped we started to notice his hair growing longer and thicker about 3 weeks following. About 4 months later, it was like it never happened-full thick head of hair.

I think that each person is different, and it can vary from person to person. Keith starts WBR on Monday as well, and his doctors said to expect hair loss after about the first week of treatment.

I will be thinking about you Monday, and keeping you in my prayers.

Carleen