OT/ Here We Go Again!!!

Ann

Just a quick post to ask you all to say a little pray for us Floridians....once again. I'm in Palm Bay, which is just south of Melbourne and just a few miles north of Vero Beach. I'm in South Brevard County and I'm sure any of you that tune into the Weather Channel have heard these town names multiple times today. It appears thet Hurricane Jeanne will hit us head on and produce hurricane force winds for over 12 hours. I still have a very damaged roof from Hurricane Frances which hit us just three weeks ago. My insurance adjustor is scheduled to finally be hee on Tuesday. I am really worried about the situation, as I had several leaks inside the garage earlier this week when we got downpours caused from Ivan's resurfacing and passing over Florida once again. I have tarps over the bare wood on the roof and am praying the wood strips will hold the tarps down. This is just all very depressing to deal with over and over again!!!!

{{{{{Ann}}}}} , I have been thinking, worrying and praying for you since yesterday when I saw Jeanne's projected path. Poor Brevard county (Ann's county for everyone outside of our area) is in the main path once again. I pray that Jeanne will be kinder to you than Frances and Charley.

I'm just dumbfounded by it all, but keep trying to tell myself that things could be so much worse, but this sure is a pain in the bu**. Thanks to everyone for their prayers for us storm weary, wet, depressed, & broke, Floridians. And to all of our Flora/Bama neighbors, hope you are all doing o.k. since Ivan. I haven't seen much posting from them and am worried for them still.

Gina

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

(Complaint deleted.)

Prayers for you, Ann, and everyone affected by this disastrous hurricane season. I know it's OT but thanks for posting it. I so believe the prayers from people here are mighty.

Cat

I just can't believe you guys in Florida are about to get walloped again. The guy on the weather channel this morning, Bill Keneely, is a friend of mine (our daughters are best little buddies), so I think I'll call and lodge a complaint. :lol:

Seriously, I'm holding y'all close in my thoughts and prayers. My SIL lives in Miami, so we're surely keeping an eye on things. (But maybe keeping an "eye" on things is not be best way to phrase that! :wink: )

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Well, things aren't any better as I post this message. Landfall still looks to be very near me and they are saying Palm Bay and Melbourne will have the highest winds...with gusts of 150 miles per hour. They expect Jeanne can be a category 4 when she hits landfall. We are already getting high gusts of wind and have been having lots of rain. I am staying home, once again. These storms really reinforce one's faith in prayer. It's already dark inside, as everything is boarded up. Thank goodness I have my son, and two friends here with me. One friend lives in a mobile home, so we figured my home is much stronger. I just dread night coming. When the winds are howling and you can't see what's happening, it is very scary. Please pray for all of us affected by this storm.

Oh, Ann, it all sounds so scary. I get scared when the winds are howling here when tornados are in the area, but at least it usually comes and goes very quickly. I've tried to imagine those persistent constant hour-after-hour winds and hammering rain, and just can't even imagine how frightening it is. Prayers, prayers and more prayers coming your way. PLEASE remember to let us know as soon as you can, and as often as you can, that you and your son are ok.

Much love,

Peggy

Hold on tight, you guys! We'll be thinking and praying and everythingelsing for you.

My sister in law is in Vero Beach -- she's gone with four of her friends to another friend's house which is pretty stable and on (relatively) high ground. She spent eight days in a shelter sleeping on a lawn chair during the last disaster....

Ellen

Well, it's almost nine o'clock here and for some unknown reason, I still have power. The news is reporting that many areas really near me have already lost power. We are having winds of 50 plus mph already. They are saying that Brevard County will be the hardest hit from this one, as we are getting the northern bands of the eyewall. We have been told to expect sustaining winds of 120 mph with gusts of 150 mph. I cannot eveb imagine how my already damages roof is going to hold up during this ordeal. Things shoud really start hopping here around 11:30 tonight and continue with the hurricane force winds until late tommorrow morning. They are saying we will have 65 mph winds all day tommorrow and still into tommorrow night! My nerves are completely frazzled at this time. I still have some of the Ambien for sleeping and am tempted to take a pill and just go to bed but they really knock me out and I amy need to get up and out of here really fast! This isn't my cup of tea at all! Praying hard for Cat, Betty and pecola....and all other Floridians affected by this tropical instability!!!!

Cat, Pecola, Ann and Betty,

All of you are in my prayers (along with any others I might have missed). I have thought about all of you a lot these last few days. As for me, we did fine during Ivan. Lost power for about 5 hours and that was about it. Its not funny, but you asked about us Flora/Bama folks....did you know that there was a bar named Flora/Bama on the Alabama Florida state line? It was blown away with Ivan but they vow to build back. It was a real tradition for the Gulf shores, Orange beach crowd.

Keep posting as long as you have power ...we are all worried about you. Cat, hold that little doggie close...we literally give ours xanax in little doggie doses when the weather is bad. She shakes so badly that we ( and the vet) were afraid not to medicate her. When she takes it...in about 30 min she is a little more relaxed. It doesn't knock her out...but it does help her anxiety as it does mine.

God be with you all.

Nina

Well, The worst of it should be here in the next couple of hours. I am on the west coast so will be the last to be hit. It looks like it will go right overhead, so I am in for a hairy ride as well. Prayers for us all, I hope the rest are OK!

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes!

Blessings

Betty