Iressa information

Nana Jane

If anyone has had experience with Iressa, would you be willing to share it? I'm supposed to start it in December when I finish my chemo, and I know there's a wide range of side effects possible. And more importantly, what kind of response did you have?

Any information would be appreciated - I'm so anxious about everything these days.

Thanks and I wish you all a peaceful day. Jane

Hi Jane,

I had great success with Iressa for about 7 (jan04 to jul04) months. Was lucky had no side effects. Took it once a (250 mg) day Here is a link with good info about Iressa. There is a toll free 800 (1-800-236-9933, Monday through Friday 8am - 7pm ET, excluding holidays) number you can call also to ask questions. I called and found them to be very polite and helpful. Hope this helps. My thoughts and prayers are with you for the best of results.

Rich

http://www.about-nsclc.com/content/patient/nsclc (Iressa)

Iressa has been working extremely well for John. He had very slight shrinkage in the beginning and it has held him stable since then (see my profile). His side effects are the rash (which does not begin to describe it), and the diarhea. Wishing you all the best. There is much on here about Iressa so you can search and read more.

Hi.... I have been on Iressa for almost two years now. I have rash ...(itchy red blotchy)... plus some GI issues and occasional fatigue. I have been pretty stable although appear to have some recent slight growth of a few nodules which is not significant enough to take me off of the Iressa.

tOOK CARBOPLATIN AND GEMZAR FROM NOV.2003 TIL JULY 2004. COULD NOT ALWAYS TAKE CHEMO BECAUSE OF LOW PLATELETS AND BLOOD COUNT. PET SCAN THE LAST OF JUNE 2004 SHOW PLACES ON HIP AND SPINE GONE AND SLOWER ACTIVITY IN LUNG AND LYMPH NODE. MY HAIR HAD THINNED DURING THIS. STARTED IRESSA 8/04 TO 9/04. 250 MG. ONCE A DAY. HAD DIAHAREA, FACE BROKE OUT AROUND NOSE AND CHIN (ACNE LIKE) APPETITE DECREASED AND TIREDNESS. PET SCAN IN SEPT. THIS SCAN SHOWS NOTHING SMALLER THAN A LIMA BEAN AND NOTHING WAS SEEN ON THE PET SCAN. STARTED TAKING IT AGAIN BUT HAVE CUT THE DOSAGE IN HALF. SIDE EFFECTS ARE NOT AS SEVERE AS WHEN TAKING WHOLE PILL. BUT THE RESULTS WERE WORTH IT. MARION

Thanks for sharing about your experiences with this drug. Of course I'm hoping for a miracle (aren't we all), but am hoping that I'll be able to tolerate the drug. Living with the reality of this diagnosis is so very hard. I'm still in the "How did this happen to me?" stage...long way from acceptance.

Have a blessed day.

Jane,

Geoff's mom just started Iressa the other day--so we're in the same "cross your fingers" boat as you are ! :)

Please keep us posted about how yuo are feeling.

And there truly is a wealth of information on the board under "search" if you start to develop rashes, etc.

All the best,

Melinda