Okay...so I'm disappointed with the world....

Fay A.

Dear Fay,

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down and disheartened. Turn the T.V. off and don't read the papers for own whole day and forget the folks that are disappointing you. Play some great music and read all the wonderful posts here until you are busting with pride .(or should be!) I am going to try to phone you tomorrow, (it's too late tonight,) I hope you will be in. Lots of love, Paddy.

Oh, Fay......you HAVE made a difference.....to me, and many others on this board. I hate the tone of hopelessness I hear in your post, but I can relate all too well. All too often the morning news is filled with man's inhumanity to man.....but hidden among the shootings and stabbings and muggings and robberies is man's true humanity.....the seldom heralded selflessness that we all see everyday, but somehow are blinded to by the hustle & bustle of our busy lives.

The anonymous people who are helping the hurricane victims on faraway islands as well as our own Southern neighbors.....the ordinary guy who buys groceries for his elderly neighbor (oh, it's nothing, I was already at the store).....the mom who always has an extra lunch bag or two at school, or welcomes her childrens' friends in for supper (what's one more mouth to feed?)....heartfelt and uplifting posts on a message board from one stranger to another........all these seemingly meaningless gestures from one human being to another......they DO mean something, they mean EVERYTHING......we are the antithesis to barbarianism.....

Please, Fay....know that you are loved and valued by everyone around you, even people you don't "know"......

Keep the faith,

Mary

Fay,

You've been reading and watching the wrong news - all of these posts are the real news...and the latest news for you to read and watch. And reading between all these lines, it is clear that your participation on this forum is a BIG part of your lifework right now.

Just know that whether I am posting here or quietly following the forum, you write something that makes a difference in my life every week. Then, I am stronger for my Dad, making a difference in his life, too.

The world is, indeed, full of meanspiritedness and greed - has been since the beginning of time. But, we don't have to reside in that world if we choose to live in God's shadow and in one another's hearts...listen to all these heart-messages...you're right there, Fay.

Molly

faye,

When I started this journey with my Brother's dx in January and read your posts along with as many as I could I found myself drawn more to some than others. You were definantly a draw.... and even though I have had to take a few steps back to find myself I find that when I come here you are one of the people that I look for. A difference?? hell Ya!! You have made a tremendous difference in so many lives as you can see by all these replies. Go ahead and have a bad day , express it and then go on. We are all entitled to bad days, stupid thoughts, etc etc etc but then we need to get a grip saddle up and ride again!!! We love you!!!!

God Bless You,

Jane

Fay,

Throw those thoughts back and fish for some more positive ones.

Life is so much about ATTITUDE, and what you do with what you have gotten dealt.

I know there are times one gets disgusted being positive.

The alternative is... unacceptable.

Chin up, girl -- WE think you ROCK!! and I'm not gonna be the one to tell Becky she's wrong.... no, uh-uh..... lol....

((((((((((((((((((Fay)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers, always

MaryAnn

Miss Fay A.,

I haven't been around here too much, but I must say, whenever I see those beautiful bright pink flowers, ( are they bouganvillias?) I just need to see what you have written....

Dearest.

We all have our down days...I am so glad that you trust this group enough to let us know that you are having one.... and that you can be reminded that the world is not so ugly when you can feel your group love you back to life...

hang in there....this too shall pass... your sadness

is valid, but it shall pass.

Cindi o'h

Cindi o'h

I hope you're feeling better now, Fay.

Nobody is "chipper" all the time, and we certainly don't expect you to be. But remember that bad news always sells, and there is certainly a lot of good being done that is ignored. Don't let the news (or neighbors) get you down.

No matter how small you think your contributions may be (and those of us who receive them know you make a HUGE difference here), just think of how the smallest pebble cast in the water can still make an awful lot of ripples.

Fay

I, too, hope you are feeling more centered. I am in the middle what is seeming like a deep descent, and if you find a magic ticket with a destinatin of upward, let us all know!

I admire your strength and the above posts are testaments to the differences you have made.

It's not an arena you would have chosen, but on your best days, Fay, you have and will continue to make some lemonade for your friends.

I hope you have found some lemonade here as well.

elaine

Hi Fay,

I know what you mean. I was having a I hate cancer day. (Which is everyday), but today was alittle worse. Then I went home for lunch and

on TV are all the poor people w/ there lives ruined because of all these

hurricanes. Then I felt kindof guilty. I may not have all of my health, but

at least I have a safe and warm home to be sick in. Now it's raining like the hammers of hell here from hurricane Jeanne and I think of all the people, and what they have been going through for over a month.

Anyway you've made me smile on several of your posts, so you have

made a difference to me.

Melinda,

I love your post to Fay. We need more teachers like you. Thanks

for everything you did at ground zero. My son-in-laws sister was involved, she was walking across the street to go to a Dr. appt.in tower one when the first plane hit. She saw alot and had a hard time for a long while. Take care and God bless you.

Last October I was undergoing chemo and was admitted to the hospital for some tummy trouble.... The docs have been telling me all along that this was the Crohn's Disease, or IBD, or just a plain old garden variety ulcer...until about 10 days ago when I was told that the subcarinal lymph node (that I had radiated 33 times last month) and the esophageal problem may not be either of those but rather mets to the esophagus. I am still waiting for word on when the tummy tests, brain MRI, spine MRI, and whatever else they're going to throw at me will be done. The pain in my head is unbelievable. The doc called it "...Mastoid (sp?) pain...". My back is hurting, but that is partly my fault because I feel compelled to climb ladders into the attic to double check and inspect the work being done by the subcontractor. Can't help myself....the work has been horrible, and in some instances down right unsafe. In the past week or so someone I helped a few years back (when no one else would) tagged my property with black spray paint. I'm actually hurt by this. Some may think that's dumb, but I guess I'm just a dumby. My feelings are really hurt by this. My dog (who is one of the sweetest critters on the planet) was hit in the head hard enough to cause damage to some of the nerves that control the muscles on the right side of his face and his eye. The Vet calls it Horner's Syndrome. The end result is that the eye is receding into his head and he will lose his vision. We can't prove who hit him, but we have a good idea of who did it. This, too, makes me sad. The pain of the cancer, along with the uncertainty of what lies ahead, the stress of dealing with a major house remodel that is being done in a very sloppy way, one adult child headed for a major life crash that I'm not certain he will survive and over which I have no inflluence, and my personal heartbreak over events that are occurring in the Middle East and here in the U.S. and I guess I just got a bit bumbed out.

Thank you to all who wrote. It has helped. I'm just feeling overwhelmed right now. If I were well I could fix a lot of this....and for me that is one of the most frustrating things of all.

If I were well............

Fay.

You sure can bring out the BEST in people. I don't think I've ever seen so many utterly moving replies posted in a single thread before. After I read your post, I thought, "oh boy, Fay's having a bad day," and I started to formulate a response in my head, until I started reading the replies. After about the third or fourth one, I developed a huge lump in my throat and tears started to well up in my eyes. (good thing I have my back turned) If you didn't know it before, my friend, you've got to know it now -- you are one very special, very respected, and well liked person, who has helped ease pain and suffering and brought hope to so many people around the world. I'm sorry to hear of all your current troubles. And I can see how all of the crap you are dealing with can bring a person down, but you have to find a way to break that big pile into smaller, bite size pieces you can begin to tackle one by one. From what I know of you, Fay A, you are a tough "let me at 'em" type of person. I have faith in you.

As you begin to face these challenges, look for the positive stuff to balance out the negative -- sometimes the positive is much harder to find,

which of course is part of the challenge. Take care Fay, and remember --

you make a big difference to people on this message board. Luv ya.

David P.

(((FAY)))

I'm tryin' REAL hard not to take a strong dislike to some of the people in your neighborhood...

I have so many thoughts, but am too tired to respond adequately right now.

Just didn't want my lack of eloquence (coherance?) prevent me from sending you a HUGE HUG as you struggle through all of this...

Melinda

Fay,

Is there any way to reverse the Houdini dog's Horner's Syndrome? I had that in the hospital after my surgery - they figure it was caused by the epidural. Is there some trauma that the vet can relieve on his spinal cord?

From all you wrote, I'm guessing it's Houdini that was the last straw, someone hurting your bestest friend and snuggle nuzzle dude...I'm warming up that ol' beer truck now, Fay, just send me an address and I'm THERE! In fact, Cookieman will be in the passenger seat with my Louisville Slugger... (as if seeing HIM wouldn't be scary enough - I'll just make sure he doesn't shave for the whole road trip!)

We just need to meet in a fully-renovated, no dust, no re-bar, no staples, no exposed nails, all the appliances work, there's heat/air, close potty facilities KITCHEN and have a time over a cup (or a few pots) of coffee...

Wonder whose will be completed first...

Hang in there, Fay. I think of you often - you and your chickens hold a place in my heart.

xxoo,

Becky

Oh Fay - I just don't know what to say. But I'm glad I saved some of that tar and feathers, cause I think I need to send it your way for use on your neighbors. Do these people have absolutely no heart? (Stupid question - obviously that's the case.) And your poor little puppy . . . I've been meaning to send a message asking about him, but always failed to remember when I was on-line. Unfortunately, I guess you'll just have to be his seeing-eye "person"! :wink:

But most importantly, I'm concerned about the health challenges you're facing. You know there are so many of us praying that it's not mets . . . I just wish there was more we could do.

And I want to thank you for continuing to help me out in trying to help James and his Mom, even during all these trials you're facing. What a testament to your character!

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Oh Fay,

Take heart, cult membership entitles you to a free TPing of the house of your choice, not to mention chicken delivery to the recipent of your choice...We already have the Beck ready to roll (no pun intended). Hard to have putzs in the neighborhood...for us they are right next door :shock: so I feel your pain.

Rochelle