loyork

Hello Everyone,

I found this board shortly after my husband was diagnosed. I come here every day for a little inspiration and knowledge. My husband is 46 and has SCLC with brain mets X4. He is doing as well as can be expected. He continues to work every day, but of course is much slower than usual. I have read quite a few of the posts and have learned quite a bit. Thank you for being here!

Lori

Lori, Welcome to our family.You will find lots of knowing and caring people here to lean on,talk to,cry to,ask ?s of,and etc.This place has been a great support to me.Your husband must be a fighter,sounds like he is hanging in there what with working and all.I was unable to continue work after surgery but am pretty active all things considered.Please stay tuned in here and keep us posted.

Hi Lori,

It's nice to "meet" you; I'm fairly new with all this learning and information too as my husband was dx at the beginning of the summer. This board and the wealth of knowledge and spirit that I found on it have given me the strength to get thru some pretty rough days. Please keep us all posted on your family's progress.

Beth

Hi Lori, thanks for sharing your story with us. Boy your husband is inspiring , he continues to work every day, wow. I had just moved and was going to start a new job when I was diagnosed, I don't think I was as strong as your husband, I felt like just going for tests, and taking treatment was a full time job. Welcome to our family, I pray he is responding well to the chemo and treatment. We have several long term SCLC survivors in our local group. It seems to respond well to chemo. Please keep us posted on how he is doing and responding. Donna G

Welcome Lori,

Looks like we're neighbors. I don't know if I would have had the guts to actually take on those chemo drugs if I hadn't read so many posts here from the people who have taken them and got along just fine.

Praying for cures for all of us here and everyone who hasn't been fortunate enough to find this board for the support it offers.

You have a nice looking family, best of luck

Kathy

Lori,

Welcome! You will have so much support from the people here it will be overwhelming! So glad you found us. I agree with the others, sounds like your husband is very strong. I hope the chemo doesn't give him too many side effects.

Look forward to the updates!

TAnn

Hi Lori and Chris,

Welcome to you both. Lori, you have a beautiful family! :)

I'm sorry you have to be here, but I'm glad we are all here for you.

Chris sounds like a fighter, so I think he's got the right attitude heading into this journey. You will find much support and comfort here.

God bless and stay with us.

Thank you all so very much for your warm welcomes. I have debated for quite some time whether to join or lurk. Well you know, you just need someone, sometime to talk to who truely understands. Everything I have read so far has warmed my heart and calmed my stresses. I have learned most of my information from this board. We have our own business and when Chris is gone to chemo or rad, I need to be at work. I only went to the very first chemo treatment for a short time. Chris insists on driving himself. He really won't even talk about all of this either. So I am somewhat in the dark. So as the weeks go by, I will be here every day. It really does help me. Thank you again everyone for your help.

Lori

hi lori,

my journey with this began the same time ya'lls did, me Aug. 2. i understand your need to check in here everyday for the moral support, i too, find this board to be a lifeline for me. there's just something comforting in knowing there are all these people feeling the same way you do. this is too frightening to be alone.

so, Lori, come often, we welcome you. have a good day today.

Lori,

My mom drove herself to her chemo every day, a 45+ mile drive one way! I say, as long as he is phycially up to it, let him do it. My mom said it made her feel more normal to be able to do for herself. She isn't one to talk about it much either. I think she doesn't want to be reminded about it.

I also come her everyday. Sometimes to post, and sometimes just to see how everyone is doing. I'm an ADDICT!! :lol:

Please keep us up to date and know that we're here for you!

Hi, Lori. Men can be so stubborn. Chris needs someone to go with him, if even a male friend. As the chemo progresses, he may not feel like driving, even though he may not admit it. And I think the company can while away the time, plus provide another set of eyes and ears in case some info is passed on. My best to you both. Don

Hi Lori,

We will be here for you. You have a beautiful family. I know how difficult all of this is but it is important to try to enjoy all of life's little special moments even while going through all of this upheaval. There will be ups and downs and plenty of "life" in between those ups and downs. The important thing is to remember that life is always comprised of those special moments and those occur even during treatments.

I wish you and your family successful treatments and many many years full of wonderful happy moments together.