UPDATE ON DAD

cmeandk

Hello everyone! Just an update on my Dad. Things have been a bit rough lately. Dad had a heart attack on August 31st. The doctors had to put a stent in to keep the attery open. His hips have reaaly been bothering him to the point he can't sleep. The doctor upped his oxycotin to 120 mg 3 times a day plus percocet for break through pain. He is down to 135lbs and he's 5'10". He just went on disability from work, something he has fought not to do since day one.

What an awful disease.

You folks have been great.

Question for you: My father has had raditon to both hips twice and now there is a hugh black spot that is very tender to the touch and looks awful. Has anyone else had this happen?

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that your fathers having a rough time. It sure is a roller coaster ride. Honestly I haven't heard of the skin turning black. Just red. I would ask the doctor about that. Just wanted to let you know that I am keeping your father in my prayers.

Laurie

Radiation doctor said he is severly burned "inside" Apparently the left the machine on too long in one spot. Just gave him some medicine to put on it. And wants him back next week. So I guess we will see. I was just wondering if anyone else has had that happen?

Oh my! I feel so sorry for your dad. It sounds like he has been miserable. I wish there was something I could do to help. Are you doing ok with all of this? Is your mom still living and with you, or other family members? I sense this might be getting a little overwhelming for you. Don't forget to let us know if you need some encouragement. Thinking of you and praying for your dear dad.

Love,

Peggy

Thanks for your thoughts. My father and mother divorced 3 years ago. My father and younger (23yrsold) sister have moved in with me. So we could both be there.

I appreciate all of your prayers. Sometimes I get so down, and then I think, "What do I have to be upset about? I'm not the one with cancer." I mean watching all of this happen is awful, worse than awful. But nothing compared to personnally going through it. He is a fighter. I don't think I would be.