Tribute opportunity

TeeTaa

I was just at the Lance Armstrong Foundation site, and found the following information related the Foundation's upcoming Ride for the Roses event. If you go the the home page (www.laf.org), you'll see a section entitled LAF Spotlight. The first item under that is Live Strong Tribute, which will take you to the page which reads as follows:

"The 2004 Ride for the Roses Weekend will take place October 15-17, in Austin, Texas. Throughout Ride Weekend, the names and photos of cancer survivors and those who have lost their battle with cancer will be displayed one by one on a large screen. This tribute will serve as a symbol of hope and inspiration to our participants and honor those who have been directly affected by cancer. We invite you to participate by submitting names of cancer survivors you wish to honor. (If you submitted a name for the 2003 Ride for the Roses Weekend Tribute, please resubmit the name to ensure placement on this year’s tribute. Thank you.)"

I've entered the names of my family members who had or have cancer, as well as some of those here whose last names I know. Just thought y'all might want to take the opportunity to remember your own loved ones in this manner.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

An angel? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

You surely wouldn't think that if you knew what I'm about to do to this bully neighbor kid who's one of the three "friends" my daughter invited to her slumber party. If this kid demands all the attention, shuts everybody else up, or otherwise makes a nuisance of herself one more time, I'm gonna have a little "talkin to" with her. As I type this, I hear her upstairs making up a game where only SHE knows the rules . . . I'm sure the next step will be one of her exclusive "clubs" - and THAT'S gonna put me over the edge.

So no, I'm no angel at all. But thanks for making my night with your comment!

Praying for us all (especially this neighbor kid, and y'all should all pray for her too!),

TeeTaa

And here I was worried about you with all those girl kids with John out of town and you're on the computer! I'll worry no more. Give Abs a hug and kiss goodnight and Happy Birthday for me....

Well, you've all heard "OnStar" and "BlondeStar"..well I have "BobStar". I was driving back to Atlanta from Nashville today and got stopped in traffic due to a fatal accident. We were all diverted off the interstate and then not told how to get anywhere. So you've got all these lost folks trying to figure it out. So I called Bob on my phone and he got on-line, I told him where I was and he directed me south to the next exit/entrance to the interstate! Certainly was comforting hearing his voice as I was traveling through some not so great parts of town.

Y'all take care,

Fran

Nope. No need to worry 'bout me. Made it through dinner at the Japanese restaurant (flaming volcano, flying shrimp, language barrier), home to ice cream cake and presents, and I've moved on to sitting at the compuer with a glass of red wine. The office is the best place to listen to/monitor the upstairs conversation/bullying. So no, don't worry about me. But when it comes to Amelia - you might want to worry about her.

Fran - I added Daddy, Terry, Susan, Uncle Morrill, Aunt Tine, Jack Leaman, and KO's sister to the Lance Armstrong tribute site. Oooooh - just thought - I'll go back and add Tina and Ann's fathers. Anyone else you can think of?

Glad you had BobStar - that's hilarious!

TeeTaa