Thomas Reese Wright

todayswinneris

I lost my grandfather a week shortly after posting my story about him. I did get to see him one last time on Labor Day. He appeared to be so weak yet so helpless. His humor tried to lift my spirit but it was a mental block was not allowing me to share a laugh. I am still in a daze without him. Even though I have a father, he took my under his grasp and helped me become the person I am today. He was the one I'd turn to for a hug and smile when life got at its roughest. It was under a matter of two months when I lost him to five different type of cancers. After our trip to Ocean City it went downhill. I'll never forget that smile on your face when I sat next to you at dinner that one night. Your face was filled with bliss and love I can never describe. You played a major part in our lives. Living every single second the way you wanted to was the direction taken. The memories and photos describe the wonderful you person you are. It will never be the same without you. Everyday we miss you--all of your family and friends. Gil yearns to have his partner in crime back. I love you with all my heart. Someday we shall meet again..

Rest in peace Pop-Pop. Let me know you're here with me.