Dean Carl~

Ry

Dean and Gay, I'm praying for more good days for you both and Dean we miss you here so much. You have always been so kind and supportive to all of us, and I hope this thread gets read to you so we can let you know how much we think of you .

Love,

Nell

I just had a long talk with Dean, and he said it's not really necessary for me to send a hard copy of this thread, cause he's still getting online and reading the board each and every day. But he also admitted that he's spending a little time playing online poker, so I guess his priorities have just changed! :lol:

Dean's main problem is weakness, and fortunately he's not having a whole lot of pain. He was sitting there enjoying the view of the birds out his window when I called . . . how wonderful for him.

For those of you who do have his number and plan to call . . . he let me in on the fact that he stays up til midnight or so, then doesn't get up til noon or so, and I happened to have called at his "up" time of the day (3 pm California time).

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Dean

Lately words are failing me. I don't know if today's words are any better or not. I just want you to know that you have brought comfort to so many here.

Please let us know if there is something we can do for you now. Whatever it is, I am sure the hundreds of us could come up with it. Please stay in contact with your VA doctor to make sure you are getting all available relief and strength building treatments. I miss you and Gay.

love and fortitude

elaine

Dear Dean Carl,

I'm glad you're up to reading these messages that keep coming your way. I, like others, have been very belated but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts. I've been grateful to you ever since you responded to my very first post on this board when I didn't know WHAT was happening or what I should do. I love to think of you and your birds and your fabulous attitude which has brought so many things into perspective for all of us.

Ellen

Dean & Gay,

I've been away from the boards for over a week, and just saw this. I'm thinking of you (which always makes me smile) and hoping you are having more good times than bad, more smiles than frowns, more watching the birds and enjoying the cats playing, and more snuggles with Gay, more of every good thing. You're always in my prayers,

BeckyCW

Dean,

Now that I know you are reading this, I won't take up a lot of your time with a lengthy post. I just want to say however that in my mind you are the pillar/patriarch/icon/legend of this board, always knowing what to say and always giving us all hope and strength when you post.

Dean,

I hate that you are not feeling well. I certainly do miss seeing your posts around here. You are such an inspiration to me as well as many others here. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. When we say our prayers at night, my youngest daughter prays for "Dean, the man that helped Mommy when Papa Bill first got sick". (My kids know about lots of my "board buddies" here) Miss you bunches!!

Angie

Dean,

I have you in my thoughts and prayers. You are a special and very sweet, kind man. I wish you only the happiest of days and I am glad to hear that you are not in much pain. Enjoy those birds and all that you hold dear.