trouble with chatting

melaniem

hi everybody,

i enjoy reading/responding to the message boards but sometimes would like to 'talk' to someone. i have yet to ever see anyone on the 'online chat' and am wondering if i'm doing something wrong. at the top of the page it always says "0 users" in chat. is there a particular time some are on or are most just not interested in talking in a chat room? i notice if i click on 'chat' that there are others like me who go in and say 'hello' and wait around a while and eventually leave.

someone said a while back that there are some who 'chat' on friday and some other night of which i don't remember. i was hoping some would enjoy 'chatting' during the daytime, as being a mom of 4, my nights are usually taken.

anyway, i'll keep reading the good ol' message boards if nothing else, i'm afraid i'm becoming addicted. i'm gonna end up being a guest on Maury if i'm not careful---"Lung Cancer Patient and her addiction to LCSC". Don't laugh, i've been home a month now and have seen weirder topics than that on those shows. Daytime TV leaves a lot to be desired. ('cept Dr. Phil) :)

Tuesday night chat is 8:00-10:00 EDT

Wednesday night chat is 9:00 CDT (8:00 EDT)

I'm not sure on the Friday night chat...

Melanie,

If at anytime you notice someone on the board that you would like to chat with, you can send them a PM to "meet" you there, OR you could set up a time during the day that works for you, post a notice (sticky might be best so it stays "on top") and welcome anyone who drops in...

Becky

This brings up a good point. Although there are the assigned times Becky listed for chat, sometimes no one is on. We used to have people assigned to certain nights with Tuesdays being the most popular day with David A. David was good about making sure he was there and would also PM people to get on. We really need new people to volunteer to be on during chat times so that when someone comes, someone is there to get it going.

So do we have volunteers to take over the chats? I am thinking that Bruce, Becky, Elaine, Norme, and some of the other regulars might want to take a night? I know you are in limbo now Beck in parentland.. I would have mentioned Frank but he so busy trying to master a spreadsheet for his joke forum :roll: Any takers?

We really need new people to volunteer to be on during chat times so that when someone comes, someone is there to get it going.

So do we have volunteers to take over the chats? I am thinking that Bruce, Becky, Elaine, Norme, and some of the other regulars might want to take a night?

I would like to see Chat every night. We are at over 1400 members now so I am sure that there are people who want to chat but are having trouble finding someone there. Can anyone volunteer to take a night and perhaps if we can get enough people to volunteer then Chat can be used everynight.

Also, perhaps someone could volunteer to monitor a daytime chat for those that are not able to join at nights. Just a thought.

Katie tells me that this idea of volunteering will be discussed by the Board of Directers. The board must approve any type of volunteering.