MRIs Tomorrow....

Fay A.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the results today, and the news is good if you put it into perspective. I have a sinus infection so I'm on prednisone and antibiotics. The benign Meningioma is stable. (Hey....if the brain tumor is benign does that mean I can be a member of the empty head club?)

The thoracic spine shows what they feel is hyper intense marrow signal due to post radiation changes, but no definitive evidence of metastatic disease.

There are several hemorrhagic cysts in my right kidney, so that can account for a good bit of the abdominal and back/flank pain.

The lumbar spine series shows a dessicated disc with small disc bulge and annular tear.

So what this means is I have some radiation damage to my thoracic spine, a bad sinus infection, a stable brain tumor, bleeding into cysts from the genetic kidney disease, and a herniated disc, but evidently NO CANCER in my brain or spine! (yes...I am shouting as loud as one lunger can.)

This is all good news. Will find out over the next two weeks if the area in my esophagus is an ulcer or mets. But for right now I am going to celebrate the idea that my brain is safe for the time being. It's what I most :wink: fear losing.

Dear Fay,

I sure wish you didn't have all this other medical stuff to contend with but I am thrilled, thrilled that there seems to be no metastatic disease. That is just about the best news I have heard in a long time.

You go celebrate and enjoy this peace of mind (empty mind that is)

Love,