Am new here

Diane521

Hi, I just found this site. I am a 31/2 year breast cancer survivor and was just diagnosed with sclc in July, 2004, (new primary). I just finished chemo (Etoposide and Carboplatin) and am now waiting the next 3 weeks to see if my cancer has gone into remission. I'm married (20 years to Lee)and have a daughter who lives in Arizona and a married son who lives in Minnesota.

Please keep your posts coming--they are so informative and I enjoy reading them daily.

Well, hi there, Diane..

So glad that you made it to the board. Hope that you are feeling okay and getting your strength back after the chemo business. I will be looking forward to hearing some good results in a few weeks.

Blessings to you and to your family. I live in S. Mpls. You can PM me if we turn out close by. Heck. You can PM me anyway....

Good to meet you....Cindi o'h

ps...you can find so much wisdom here...it's good for us.

Hi Diane,

Glad you found your way to us, but sorry you have to go down the cancer path again. I usually just have enough time to get to NSCLC and General, so maybe I'll catch up with you again there. Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

Hi Dianne, I live here in Minnesota also. If you live near the Twin Cities , our live group is meeting today at 1pm at Regions Hospital, St Paul, in the Minnesota Room just outside the cafeteria. We would love to meet you. Welcome to this on line community. I am sure you will get lots of support here. Donna G

Diane,

I also welcome you to the group. I'm a 3.5 year breast cancer survivor as well and was diagnosed and treated for nsclc (new primary) in June of 2003. We also have another breast ca/lung cancer survivor on the board--I'm sure you will be hearing from her. I guess it's not as unusual as I had thought at one time to have cancer twice -- and the best part--survive twice!!!!! Keep up the good work and good luck to you!!!!

Cindy

Hello Diane,

It's nice to "meet" - I just wish it could have been under better circumstances - like bumping into you at the mall during a super sale.

This is a wonderful, caring and supportive group of people. I am currently battling recurrent extensive sclc and I can't tell you how much the encouragement and kindness I receive from these people mean to me. You will feel the same.

God bless you!

Hi Diane,

So sorry that you have been given a new trial to get through. Well, It sounds as if you are a strong lady, you did it once and God Willing you will do it again. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Prayers coming your way. Love Paddy

Welcome, Diane, to the group -- I hope we can be of some help to you even though you probably know MORE than your share thanks to your previous fight. So sorry that you have to go through this again but it's good to be a survivor -- bodes well for the future.

Ellen

Hi Diane and WELCOME!

It looks like I missed this post last week, so I'm sorry for the delay in welcoming you to our family. I'm glad you found us and hope that we will be able to support you in whatever way you need support. Everyone here is just great and we all really care a lot!

Please let us know how we can help.

God bless you,

Peggy