Stage IV adenocarcinoma NSCLC

marsha

:lol:

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share my good news again. I had a bone scan last

week, today I had a ct scan ofchest and abdoman and all is still clear.

I am so happy and really greatful. I asked my doctor about a vacation

in January of 2004 and he told me to go ahead and plan it. It just

feels so wonderful to know there is soooo much hope and we can do

well. Thank you for listening and just wanted to share my joy with you.

God Bless All of You,

Marsha

dx 12/02, right lung removed 1/02. Diagnosed 11B. 4/02 spread to

lymph nodes. 6 Taxol/Carboplatin treatments. Last treatment

8/28/02. Been in remission since.

Guest Rita Bubb

Marsha, Great News. To think so few words can change the day for us.

I had my 6 mo. check up the 6th and all's still clear. This gives me almost 2 1/2 years. I am always so happy to hear of another LC survivor beating the odds.

I have become very outspoken in the community here. I tell my story, and then tell people not to decide that I am probably near death's door based on my having had LC. Then I tell them also not to think that I got the illness that I deserved. Nobody deserves lung cancer. We all know that tobbaco is deeply implicated in this disease. It doesn't matter if I was a 2nd hand smoker or 1st hand smoker. Or, I may never have heard the word "tobbaco." People get lung cancer from many causes. We just know that smoke is one :wink: causative factor.

I am happy to be able to help to influence people. I have lost alot of my shyness. I have always been very reserved. One day it suddenly occured to me, that I didn't know what I was being "resreved" for. Was I reserving the "best of me" for my death bed?

Enough being reserved! There is too much that needs to be said. I need to tell people how much they mean to me. I need to let them know how nice they look. I don't need to stay in the corners hoping some one will see me and ask my opinions.

I need to speak out about the dangers of tobacco and 2nd hand dangers. I am tired of seeing our young people light up en masse.

That's enough. I think you get the point. I am getting well and I think I need to give back now.

Again, Marsha, Congratulations on your good report.

Hey Marsha, Congrats- ain't life just grand !!!!!!!!

SOOOO Happy for ya, now go out and celebrate, and yes plan that vacation :lol::lol::lol:

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"