Family and Angels

paddy

Two days ago I had a phone call from my "little sister" "Linda" who lives in England. She told me that the many members of my family , (who lived in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, and are now spread all over the world,) had got together enough money for one months Iressa for David. She says the money should be arriving very soon. I was so overwhelmed and I couldn't even speak because I was crying so hard. I handed the phone to my daughter Karen and she ended up crying too. Later when I told Dave...you guessed it..he cried . I think I have seen Dave cry about twice in our 40 years of married life, so you must know how much this has touched him! My sister said that all the family members had been saying that they wanted to help but did not know how, so she organized this collection. They are sending the check as a "big hug" for Dave and I. Don't you think this is wonderful!

Today I ordered the Iressa and he will start it tomorrow. We are still waiting to see if we have been accepted in the Medicair "Iressa Demonstration". I hope we will hear soon.

David has been a good deal weaker these last few days. He is having trouble walking and has a lot of pain in his chest. I have a job getting him out of bed in the morning, I hope and pray that the Iressa works for him. By the way, he had his last radiation session today.

My daughter Jacquie and her husband Paul are flying in from Maryland to join Dave, Karen and I for the weekend. It will give their Dad a real lift.

Lots of love to you all,

Paddy

Dear Paddy,

I am sure you have shed many tears of sadness these last few months. How wonderful that you can shed tears of happiness and appreciation.

Many prayers that the Iressa will be Dave's magic pill and that the family reunion will boost everyone's spirits.

Oh Paddy, how wonderful!!!! The whole time I was away from the boards, I wondered if Dave was able to get the Iressa that he needed. I'm so glad to hear this news. What a great family!! Hopefully Medicare will come through for you guys. (If not, I'm going to rename them to "Medi-don't-care"!)

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Oh how sweet. Paddy someone got the Iressa paid for by the drug company and posted about it. I am not sure but it may have been Grumpy-One-Lung. Maybe you could search it and see. Wishing you both all the very best.

Rochelle

Paddy,

If any of your family ever sees this thread, my message to them is that I pray that God will bless them a thousand times over for this thoughtful gift.

Do you know what's up with the chest pain? Is it any better today? I think about you every day. I've been away quite a bit lately because I haven't been well myself, but am doing much better now. So, I apologize for being late here.

I bet you can hardly wait to have your girls together with you and David this weekend. What a wonderful blessing!!

Paddy, keep in touch.

Much love,

Peggy

Thanks Dear Friends, for your responses, advice and help.

I ordered the Iressa yesterday and it was to be ready today but now we have to wait till tomorrow afternoon. I am so impatient to get it as David gets weaker by the day.

Peggy, Thanks for asking. Dave is taking "Vicadin," (spelling?) for the pain in his back and chest. He has been sleeping quite well, (for a change,) since he started taking it so it seems to be making a difference. I will PM you. Love to you all,

Paddy.

(((((((((((((((((Paddy, David, and Paddys family))))))))) Oh Paddy, what a special, lovely gift for David, from your family! They are truly wonderful. My prayers and thoughts for you and David, that Iressa will be your "magic bullet", and that David begins to get his strength back soon. You both have been through sooo much. It is lovely that your children will be able to spend time with you as well.

Prayers and peace to you both,

Annjael

Paddy,

If love can perform miracles (and we know that it certainly can!) then David's got a miracle on the way with that incredible expression of love from so many people. Hopefully, it will come with the Iressa.

One concern, Paddy. You said David is using Vicodin for pain control. I am trying hard to remember (but it's pretty foggy up there), but I seem to recall that Steve was sent home from the hospital with Vicodin and Percocet. Our incredible home nurse was the one to call the doctor and bring to his attention that my husband had liver mets and reduced function and should instead be on morphine which does not damage the liver further. I may be confusing some of the meds, but you might want to check it out to be sure.