I joined Gilda'a Club 2 weeks ago

DollyPardonMe

After loosing my husband, Kirby, my sister-in-law insisted I join the local Gilda's Club. What a wonderful organization. They have activities Mon-Fri during the afternoons and evenings. They deal with the actual cancer patients, spouses, children & all family members (having separate activities for each so you can feel free to talk without them being in same room and say things that you might not say and ask things you might not want to ask if they were there n the same room). It has been 3 weeks ago today that I lost the love of my life and I miss him very much. I thank my sister-in-law for showing me the way to Gilda's. I hope there is a Gilda's Club in your local area.

Good for you ---getting out and doing something--It takes a very strong person to do that after the very recent death of a beloved husband---I am sure that he would be and is very proud of you.

regards

I had never heard of this so I looked it up--it sounds wonderful. The main site is down--someone hacked into it--how horrible! It looks like there is one near where my daughter is. I wish there were one everywhere!

Looks like it is back on-line and the foul language has been removed.

elaine