Checking In....

TAnn

Hi everyone,

I just completed my 3rd whole brain radiation today. I guess things are going ok. I feel a little "foggy" and my head feels swollen, and of course I could go on and on about how the steroids are making me feel :evil: .....

Today was such a long day, they mis-scheduled my appointment w/the rad. onc. and I was supposed to be "in and out" real quick. Turned out to be an 8 hour day. When they finally took me back for radiation I said, "I'm sick, I'm tired, I've been here 8 hours and I'M ON STERIODS!!!!!" :shock: That poor tech, ......

The fatigue is really getting to me too. You can probably tell by this post that I'm having a hard time concentrating (or getting my point across) very frustrating!

Also, just for some info, my oncologist took me OFF Iressa while undergoing wbr. He said they still don't know the effects of both and don't want to take any risk. I will start back on Iressa when I'm done with my treatments. I am scheduled for a total of 10.

Please know that I'm thinking of everyone, even though I'm not posting too much.

TAnn

TAnn,

Do you get the radiation every day?

I've heard that the fatigue with radiation is even worse than with chemo.

Have you seen the T-shirts that say something like, "Back off - I'm out of estrogen and I have a gun"?

Maybe we should have one for LC - "Back off - I'm tired, my brain is being nuked and I'm on steroids!" :lol:

Hang there - sending prayers your way.

TAnn,

I have been thinking about you, and am so glad that you checked in. I can only imagine how difficult this must be, but you are not alone. 1400 + members are cheering you on! Much Love, and may God help you through this tunnel to the other side of victory!!!

Cheryl

Tann,

Thinking about you and hoping tomorrow will be like it is suppose to be....in and out. That 8 hour wait would have made me a little angry. They can do better than that. Keep in touch and I hope the fatigue gets better soon...they tell me it takes a while on WBR but I hope you beat the odds and get well really fast.

Nina

TAnn...Please keep us posted and hang in there, I'll be sending good thoughts your way and saying a prayer for you.

JaneC...I love the t-shirt idea, I'd buy one. We saw one in Gatlinburg, Tennessee just a few weeks ago that said "I'm too sexy for my hair....that's why it isn't there" and I bought it for my husband!

Taking it one day at a time!!!

Hi TAnn,

My mother just completed her 7th(out of 12) WBR treatments. She is is on 16mgs of Dexmethasone a day. So far she as tolerated the treatment fairly well. She is, however, not a complainer and it is sometimes hard to know how she really feels. I am interested in your experience with the treatment and hope you do well.

This cancer is the worst kind of hell on earth.

That being said, my faith in God is stronger than ever.

Hoping for the best for you.

Laura

Dear TAnn-

Daddy is officially through half his radiation. He is not having WBR though, they are just "nuking" his one brain met. He is complaining of fatigue also and I guess it comes with the territory. Hope that treatments go smoothly for you (better than the 8 hour day) THATS RIDICULOUS!! - My thoughts and prayers are with you. Daddy on steroids too, but only takes 2 mg a day of decadron, don't know how much you are on.... Love, Sharon

Tann-

I have finished 8 out of 20 wbr treatments. I saw that you were starting shortly. I think about you everyday while I go through the treatment. My biggest complaint is the decadron. It has created a lot of sleeplessness. I sometimes feel that the clearest moments I have each day is at 4am after the xanax has worned off. I also become very short tempered on this drug which in combination with the lack of sleep is not good for everyone around me. Needless to say tomorrow, I am begging (demanding) for a dosage reduction because there are just too many days left to consider this tolerable.

So, far I have been able to work my 20-22 hours per week and I am working very hard to rest on the weekends and on the days off. Each day we are adjusting. We will see what will come.

My goal is to get through this month and then start to heal.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as we travel this path.