Prayers Please

Nancy B

I finished my last cycle of chemo and it is now test time. I have a ct scan of the lung, abdomen and pelvic areas tomorrow morning and then on Monday morning, I will have a Brain MRI at 8:30 and a PET at 10:00.

I will definately be having brain radiation but the results of the MRI will determine PCI or WBR. I am so nervous I can hardly eat (which isn't like me at all). I am having pain in the rib area but it is probably from the surgery. Between the two surgeries, I now have two ribs that are missing pieces (sure looks wierd on the x-ray - looks like they are floating).

Anyway, I would appreciate some prayers. My husband and son had to go out of town and will be back Sunday night, so at least I have some days to myself - I don't have "be strong" all the time. They don't make me, I just feel like I need to be for their sake.

Don't know what I would do without all of you.

Love, hugs and prayers to you all,

Nancy B

Nancy.....I've just been where you are headed...and you have my EVERY wish that it goes as well for you as it has for me! Believe it or not...I wasn't terribly nervous waiting on CT and MRI results, because I felt good and just believed that the scans and MRI would bring good news...and they did. You must believe too!!

I just went today to have the scans done and mask made for PCI, and believe it or not when I saw the rad onc, I forgot to even ASK what the MRI results were!! :roll: But...since they were proceeding to do the mask, I assumed I was "empty headed"....and later, I got a copy of the report and indeed I am empty! :wink:

Have your doctor call the radiologist to get a verbal report on your CT scan so you don't have to wait long. My CT was done on Monday, and my onc apptmt. was on Wednesday...and he had the results.....NED!!

I'm wishing the very same for you, hon.....NED and empty-headedness! :D My thoughts will be with you....and I'm sending you strength and all kinds of positive thoughts. I would just LOVE to share NED with you.......so BELIEVE you'll have a new "boyfriend" soon, ok?

Prayers coming your way Sandy. Just remember though that you can't always "be strong" around your loved one's. I have found that I would rather know what Dave is going through than not. I may not always be able to help physically, (which of course hurts me terribly,) but I can give him some extra special TLC. Take care of yourself while your men are away. Prayers coming your way. Lots of love, Paddy.

Nancy B,

Prayers for you in a big way.....that's quite a lineup of tests you've got scheduled......I hate that waiting stuff.....it will feel so good though when it's all done.

Sending you all the best wishes from here in Chicagoland.....

Cindy

Hey Nancy,

Your still in my prayers, but I also want to say, I too think you should follow in our Addie's footsteps. That would be music to our ears!!

I'm sending you lots and lots of positive vibes my dear friend. (((Nancy)))) Hang in there. We're here for you.

Love & Hugs,

Connie

Nancy

I am sorry I missed this earlier. I pray things went well and you will get great results. I know how it feels--sometimes it is just easier to be alone so as not to worry others or to feel like I have to help them or them me. I dont know really what to do for them.

Sorry for the rambling. I have tests coming up, too and I am just trying to either gear myself for them or talk myself out of them. Not sure which.

love and fortitude

elaine

Thanks everybody for your good thoughts and prayers. I had the lung, abdomen, pelvic scan last Friday. Took 3 tries to get the IV in - veins kept collapsing. The gal told me I jerked and that is why. I was feeling so fragile, I started to cry and after the second failed attempt I started to sob. Boy, what a baby - sure was feeling sorry for myself, but it did hurt!

I did better yesterday. Brain MRI at 8 am (another 3 tries to get the IV in) and then PET scan at 10:00am. Fortunately, the guy found a good vein. I met a friend for lunch to celebrate getting through all those tests. I should have results by Wednesday.......I'll let you know.

Thanks again for being here for me. Love you guys.

Nancy B

When it's test time for me, I'd just like to be anesthesized completely and have someone haul me around and stick me under whatever machine they want for the tests! I don't mind the needle sticks as much as the hard, uncomfortable tables, some of the jerks who work in these imaging places, having to lie still, flat on my back (and breathe at the same time!) with my arms over my head for 30+ minutes. Eeewww. I have managed to locate several open MRI machines around here though, so if they want me to have one of those, I'll have it done there.

All that, and then we have to just wait. And wait. And wait some more. Sheesh!

About a hundred years ago (early 70s!) I worked in a Radiology Department for a small hospital. We were busy all the time, and handled lots of patients in and out of there every day. I was the transcriptionist, and the Radiologists would dictate reports once they'd read the x-rays and I'd type them up and put them on the patient's chart. We used to pride ourselves in having reports on charts by noon on the same day people had their x-rays -- even if they were having nuclear medicine scans or whatever. Yes, technology back then seems ancient now, but we surely didn't make people wait so long to find out their results -- or at least didn't make their doc wait long.

How times have changed ...

Di :roll:

Nancy--

Sorry about the physical pain--the emotional drain of undergoing all of thes tests (and worrying about the results) is bad enough. :(

So glad to "hear" that you met a friend for lunch to celebrate getting through all of it.

Hang in there--we are all thinking of you.

Melinda