Too soon?

Kaffie

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my chemo. I started it Monday and did great, no problems at all... I'm staying at my son and daughter in laws house to get thru the sick part but the only sickness I've had is achey muscles. Am I pushing it if I go home tomorrow? It seemed to me that the sickness should have hit by now if it's going to.

I'm taking Taxol and carboplantin.

Thanks all,

Kathy

Kathy,

When I had those two. I received the IV on Wednesday and was sick Friday night and Saturday morning and noon. I was ready to go out for dinner Saturday night. That is Rochelle's and my date night, so I was a little more motivated.

A note when ever you have chemo. Drink lots of water before during and after. It helps lots of symptoms, especially stiff muscles.

I would say you could go home tomorrow, if you feel all right.

John

Hi Kathy,

Chemo reacts different on everyone. I never had any bad side effects from my chemo. I would usually have my treatment on Tuesday and on Fridays I would feel tired and a little achy. Never had any major problems. I worked the entire time I was taking chemo. The only days I missed work were the days I had my treatment. There are some on the board that have had nothing but problems. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones like me and not have any problems.

Best Wishes,

Dee

Kathy, I was on Carboplatin and Taxol.I would get very sick at stomach and virtually live on comode 2 to 3 days after chemo like clockwork.I was getting radiation at the same time however & that probably didn't help any.I noticed it was a regular time span and scheduled any events around it.( I did take a roll of moontape with me everywhere tho)

Well, thank you all for your help. I hope I get to be one of the lucky ones. I was so afraid to go in so now I know not to be too afraid next time and if I do have a bad time at least I'll only have 2 left after that.

Cat, My little Natalie is a Maltese just like your baby, aren't they the most precious little things? She's by my side 24/7, I was even able to get permission to bring her to the hospital to visit me after surgery. It was good for both of us.

Thanks for the warning, Don, I did hear that each treatmnt can be a little worse than the previous one. I'll make it, I see the list of the things some of you have been through and I am in awe at you're strength :)

Kathy

Hi Kathy!

This is great news your doing so well! I knew you could do it! I agree with Don on the Increase side effects, but there is the other side of that coin that they also Decrease as treatments go on as well. I know many that started out not feeling well at all, but with each treatment they got better and by the end of treatments they didn't have any side effects.

So glad to hear you doing so well! I'm happy for you! IMHO, I think your safe to go home. Just take it easy!

God Bless,

Connie B.

Seems to me like you've probably passed the time period in which you would get ill from this round. I always felt bad the second day after treatment and it lasted a couple of days.

Sure do hope you keep having no major reactions from chemo.

Cindy

I've always understood that chemo has a cumulative effect.....in other words.....it's possible to show more side effects the longer you receive the treatments. I believe my own body responded along those lines. After my first couple chemo sessions I was raring to go to breakfast, shopping...whatever I felt like doing. But the later sessions knocked me down a peg or two. My head automatically leaned on a window and my longsufferring hubby knew it was time to head straight home. For all who are going thru chemo now....many of you will have totally different ideas. Please do your homework and stay on top of which chemo relates to which side effects. Know antinausea meds and what-when-how to take them in order to benefit the patients

to the fullest. Everyone is so very different......We all need to go on the ride that makes us feel best. Good luck to all.