small cell at 34

Guest Greg

Hi,i am 34 years old and know that it is rare for someone my age to have this type of cancer.If there is anyone who would care to hear more about my story and or share with me please let me know thru this forum and ill be glad to re post more info.I have so many questions from my treatment to my prognosis and i feel that survivors have many of the answers.Please all responses i will answer asap

Hi Greg and Welcome,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been DX with SCLC and you are so young. My Mom is in remission, and doing well. If I can help out let me know. There are not too many SCLC cases here but we just had someone join whos husband has SCLC and is 31.. her name is Carleen. It sounds like you are responding very well to chemo! That is a blessing, my Mom had radiation at the same time as chemo. She also had preventative PCI brain radiation, to prevent chances of future occurences. I would call your Onc and ask him your questions.. Please keep us posted!

Bless you

Laurie

Greg,

You have come to a good place, please continue to post and share in this forum. Your age will surely be in your favor as you receive treatment. The good thing about SCLC is that it also usually responds well to treatment. Read my post about the twice daily radiation concurrent with chemotherapy, you may be a good candidate for this and might want to discuss it with your doctor. I hope you are able to find the best care and move quickly to start treatment. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Jenny

• 1 month later...

Hi Greg; Although not as young as you at 48 yo, I too feel, and have been told, that I am too young for this type of cancer. I don't mind telling you that I am very concerned for my health, however the standard therapys seem to be having some positive effects. The waiting game is getting real old though. I was dx in Jan,03 ( limited stage SCLC) and have had the radiation and chemotherapy treatments. It has remained in a limited stage. Hope your therapy go well and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Perhaps we cha chat in the wed night chat room. Later and take care, Kent. :lol: