Introduction

Alisa

Hello all. I just found out about this group, although I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago. The following is a brief history of my condition and treatment. I belong to another group, where I usually just lurk.

I was Stage 2b due to size of tumor(7), non-small cell adenocarcinoma (I think undifferentiated) in my right middle lobe and 2 nodes involved, but within the same middle lobe. I was 43 yrs. old when diagnosed. I had the middle lobe removed. At that point, my thoracic surgeon felt he got it all, but both he and the oncologist at the hospital (Columbia Presbyterian in NYC) felt I should have follow-up chemo to help prevent a recurrence. I had six treatments of carboplatin and taxol, which I tolerated well. I was getting scanned every 4 months for the first 2 years and now every 6 months, alternating between ct scan of chest, pelvix, abdoment/brain mri/bone scan and PET scan.

As for complementary therapy: custom blend chinese herbal tea (nasty tasting) containing many things like ganoderma, astragalus, polyphenols, mushroom, licorace root, ginseng, co-10, and other traditional chinese herbs which I don't have the translations for; traditional vitamins (A,C,D,E,Selenium,Zinc); green tea capsules; Mega Soy; modified citris pectin; IP6; tumeric (curcumin); celebrex; worm wood; Thisilyn.

I'd appreciate any feedback, especially where complementary/alternative medicine is concerned. Thanks.

Hello!

As you see in my signature, my mother was also dx with NSCL adenocarcinoma (stage IV).

She started carboplatin/gemcitabine chemo a month ago and she also takes chinese herbs. She has to boil them and drink the liquid (250 ml).

Here is a website about chinese herbs and lung cancer :

http://www.internethealthlibrary.com/He ... search.htm

Regards,

Anaïs