Trying to be hopeful

Guest inviola

Guest inviola

My husband is in Florida visiting with his 66 yr old Mom who was diagnosed in April this year w/SCLC.

He will meet with Oncologist tomorrow for the first time when she starts another round of chemo.

His siblings are all believing that this will be over soon and that she will have a full recovery. She is tolerating the chemo well and my husband has gotten copies of her dignosis and her treatment drugs which I don't have here yet till he gets home. His family asks me questions but they don't like the answers I give them about what I know of this disease. So I have started to say i don't know in order not to alienate them all.

I was an LPN for 15 years and from everything I know and read I find it hard to be as optimisitic as they are. Am I just being negative? Some of the stuff his Mom tells us on the phone doesn't make sense.

I guess I am looking through the nurses eyes and trying to be prepared for all the things that can pop up. All the kids except one live in Wisconsin and we all would like her to come here for a time to visit.Her doctor told her no travelling for 6 months during chemo.We think she is in a good place for treatment in Oakhill ,FLorida. But we all miss her terribly.

Any encouragement will help.