New To Board / Questions.....

Botley

Hi,

My Mother has sclc (limited stage) and has almost finished chemo #5 or the 6 scheduled sessions of Chemo (carboplatin/etoposide). The plan to date has been radiation but the Dr. seemed hesitant to give us a definitive answer regarding the radiation after this last treatment. She has responded very well to the Chemo - much better than we had expected. Fatigued somewhat and hospitalized for one night due to anemia /low counts and the need for tranfusions - she had a horific bloody nose that was very difficult to stop. Other than that she has had very mild side effects and we feel very blessed by this. The growth is almost completely gone and to date has not spread any where else. He said there would be further tests and so forth to assess her situation after a one month break. I realize everyone is different and the Dr. said he did not want to ruin her quality of life. Looking for advice/experiences regarding radiation. She would attend for 6 weeks 5 days a week. Should we push for radiaiton if possible or is the chemo sufficient in many instances????? Thanks for any advice & input.

Take care,

Botley

Any other chat rooms or sites I should visit please let me know..... Thanx