Low BP Again!!!

Tom got up today and was very dizzy. Almost passed out after getting dressed. He had to sit back down. I took his BP and it was 86/55. I took it again and it was 68/51. We went over to the local Jewel/Osco and took it there and it was still 86/55.

He did lose a lot of fluid last night as he started vomiting and diarrhea.

We then went to Grammy D's for breakfast and he only had water with what little food he ate. He has been drinking lots of water today and then took a little nap.

I just took his BP again while laying in bed and it is back at 110/76. Much better. I will keep a close eye on him today and we will go to the ER for fluids if need be.

Never a dull moment.

Denise

Things are better tonight. No ER visit, Just lots of fluids and rest. The last BP was 111/76 which is better than it has been all week.

We got to go over to Deb and Richards hotel and Jayla got to swim in the big pool for the first time. She did rather well. Then we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner then back home to bed. Overall it was a very good day from about 1 p.m. on.

I definitely want this sick stuff to go away but it is not quite over yet.

Denise

Denise.. Does Tom take a water pill like lasix? Sometimes Low BP can happen if there is an overload of fluid in the body, which can cause or exbasturate CHF... Not sure if Tom has that... so if im not on line... sorry just throwing it out there. Dad stopped taking his water pill "cause it made him pee too much" which cause an overload of fluid and mad the heart not work well and it induced CHF, which made it harder for him to fight off the pneumonia at the end.

Shelli

Shelli

Tom does not have CHF and doesn't take anything at this time. His BP today has been all over the board. This morning he came in at 86/53 and just now it was 119/100. His coloring was very pale earlier but is better now. Tom has been doing a lot of resting this weekend. I just want him to be as rested as possible for Indiana tomorrow.

Denise