Thursday's Air

dianew

Thought I'd just drop by and wish everyone a great next-to-last-day of the work week.

Still smokey, and up to 95 today they say. No one can believe our weather -- we should be in the high 70s by now but maybe this means summer will last awhile longer. I have a feeling though that we'll just get up one day soon and we'll have skipped Fall altogether and winter will be here.

Has anyone ever done one of those photo books? I decided to do one for my son who just graduated from college in June. Used all the pictures his friends took, as well as some we took, and I lost track of how many hours I spent - but it was fun. The book came yesterday and I think turned out pretty good for a first timer. There are a couple of goofs -- but hopefully they will just be something to laugh at :) His birthday is next week so hope he will like it.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Diane:

I think we have your 70* weather here in Michigan. It is sunny and about 69* out this afternoon. It is absolutely beautiful! I love this fall weather. 95* is much too hot for me. I hope you have some air conditioning. I was watching on the news about the wildfires out there and how much it is affecting air quality. Staying inside is okay for a bit, but you do have to go out once in awhile. Sounds like it was a good time to do a picture book. My oldest daughter did that once for my grandson when he was younger. I put it up because he was still at the page ripping stage (about 3) when she did it. I should get it out again. He is 5 now and loves to look at the family pictures.

I laughed to myself when I read that you thought I was getting a lot done. Then I realized I AM getting a lot done. But, I do pick one small thing at a time. Clear a counter top, sort a junk drawer. I don't want to give the impression I am SUPER WOMAN, well maybe. Super Woman who takes on one task at a time and is filling up some of the empty holes I had in my life when I was first diagnosed and had to leave my job. My life is pretty full now. And not just of stuff I have to do, but things I want to do. That is pretty cool.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great day, and Diane, I will breathe in some of the crisp, fresh air coming in my open windows, just for you. Hope your AIR clears soon!

Susan

We have had upper 30's at night, but I have a nice, cozy heated mattress pad! Just like sleeping on a queen-sized heating pad! My hot cocoa in the morning seems appropriate now. I started it instead of coffee because the caffeine in coffee seemed to bother me. I drank it all summer even though it seemed a little out of place I did not want to give it up. I put just a touch of Giaradelli cocoa powder, not the 4T. It calls for. Christmas wil be here before we know it. There, I said it! HaHa!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2