Friday's Air

Janet B

Well, the sun is shining again! The are saying it will be in the mid fifties throughout the weekend which will be wonderful! Our family tradition is whiffle ball after appetizers on Easter Day and sometimes it is just a miserable cold game! The kids are all coming in tonight, plus two extras - it will be a loud, laughter filled, exhausting weekend! Even though they are grown we still dye the eggs and hide them, get up early before church to open baskets and of course, play whiffle ball! mostly though, we eat!

Diane - I admit it is very nice having a train station 2 miles from my door. You can take the commuter rail into NYC or the Amtrak wherever you want to go. The only problem is that Amtrak can be quite expensive and depending on when you buy your ticket it can cost anywhere from $30 - $85 to get to Boston. It takes almost the same amount of time to get there by train, maybe a few minutes quicker.

My town Is pretty small, I have lived in much much smaller though. We have about 10,000 people, only that doubles in the summer time! Because we are a "summer destination", we have a ton of restaurants and an inordinate amount of pizza places. We only have 1 Walmart though, and it isn't even a Super Walmart!

This morning I woke up to a bad surprise. My very old dog, Sean, for the first time since he was a puppy, peed in the house. Not just in the house, but in every room downstairs - luckily the whole downstairs has laminate flooring. I hope this is just a one time oops and not the beginnings of incontinence. It is so hard to be mad at such an old man, especially one with such big brown eyes.

Well, I have to get to work. I have to wash the floors again because I am still kind of grossed out! Then I have to start cooking, stuffed shells, cheese cake, chocolate chip cake, etc etc!

I will be crazy busy this weekend, I wish you all a happy happy weekend, filled with good weather and people you love!

Peace, Janet

So far today it looks like it may rain - but the sun could just show up by noon. I'm rooting for the sun!

Janet your Easter plans sound wonderful! I would tell you what mine are except as of right now I don't know. :? The only thing I know for sure is we are going to Easter Vigil mass tomorrow evening. I think this has only happened a couple of times in the past, but tomorrow, 3/30, is our 47th anniversary, then of course Sunday 3/31 is Easter, and Monday, 4/1 is our youngest son's birthday. Usually Easter is later, which makes things a little easier. Our son and his wife (who live here) may be going to Redding to visit her folks for Easter - but as of last night they had not yet decided. I think it's because of the logistics of traveling with a 5-mo old, 2 year old and 3 year old and all there accompanying paraphernalia. She seems to think it would be easier for her folks to come here - but they don't, and so she makes plans to go there but then at the last minute gets stubborn and stays home. I think the fact that her folks have 3 dogs, and have to sleep on an air mattress on the floor in the nursery has something to do with the fact they don't come more often -- but I've gotten very good over the years at keeping my opinions to myself. Our middle son is taking his kids to a Great Wolf Lodge -- some sort of indoor water park I understand, and the older son in Portland has to work. When I was younger all this indecision would have driven me nuts! Not so anymore - maybe that's one of the pros of living with cancer. The weatherman is still calling for "maybe" 70 with some sun -- so how could it not be a wonderful weekend?

I am sorry about your getting up to dog pee --- I think old dogs all begin to have some problems with that. If he's like my old shepherd, he probably feels even worse than you do about it. I'm sure you've thought of it, but you might try picking up his water early in the evening - it sometimes helps.

Happy Easter everyone.