NSCLC Met to spine.

Pattie-cat

Well hello all. I'm just joining because I was diagnosed only a few months ago ,  have no one to talk to and am extremely depressed. I'm 66 yrs and did not plan on living out my retirement yrs this way . Just started immunotherapy after radiation on spine to shrink tumor off nerve. Scared. 

Patty-cat,

I totally hear you! I was very shocked, afraid and had great difficulty finding hope or faith. I'm happy to say that 18 months later I'm feeling much better and have actually been able to resume some of the activities that I did before the diagnosis. Reading the book "New Beginnings, the triumphs of 120 cancer patients" was very helpful for me.

I hope that you are able to find hope as well.

Wish I could take all the distress away for you.

Lydia

Hi, Pattie-cat,

Welcome to LCSC! I am glad that you've joined this community. There are thousands of people to talk to who can help answer your questions and share their lung cancer experiences. I hope you realize quickly that you are not alone and that we are here for you. Please feel free to explore the discussion boards and join in any conversations that resonate with you. Or if you have questions, feel free to start a new topic.

My uncle was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in 2011, which inspired me to become involved with LUNGevity. Members on this site are mostly patients/survivors, but you will also meet caregivers, and advocates like me. If you share a bit more information about your diagnosis, we can try to help you understand/navigate and answer some of your questions.

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation