Gemzar 2nd line treatment metastic nsclc

Paige

Has anyone had any experience with Gemzar (Gemcitabine) for 2nd line therapy for metastic nsclc lung cancer? My moms cancer has recently spread to small areas in bones & liver. Starting back on chemo with Gemzar and would like to get some feedback on what to expect or look for so I can help w/ side effects. Also was it beneficial?

Hi , I’m on Gemzar as a third line now, I have stage 4 nsclc w/ mets.i  have been for two full cycles . I’ll have another two cycles than a scan to see if it’s working. While I don’t feel nauseous on it, I could definantly feel the drop in blood counts. I’m 54 yrs old and generally in good health without systems yet, but on Gemzar, while I feel “better” than the other chemo then the immunotherapy I was on, Gemzar ran me down with fatigue 2-3 rd day following Gemzar, than I would climb back over the next several days and feel good again. Hope this helps and hope 2019 pans better for everyone, I’ll let you know what the scan shows in 4 weeks from now !

On 1/18/2019 at 3:17 AM, gregob said:

Hi , I’m on Gemzar as a third line now, I have stage 4 nsclc w/ mets.i  have been for two full cycles . I’ll have another two cycles than a scan to see if it’s working. While I don’t feel nauseous on it, I could definantly feel the drop in blood counts. I’m 54 yrs old and generally in good health without systems yet, but on Gemzar, while I feel “better” than the other chemo then the immunotherapy I was on, Gemzar ran me down with fatigue 2-3 rd day following Gemzar, than I would climb back over the next several days and feel good again. Hope this helps and hope 2019 pans better for everyone, I’ll let you know what the scan shows in 4 weeks from now !

Thank you for responding! This really helps!

Archived