Revlon- Entertainment Industry Foundation

Maria

After reading your posts re: Revlon and feeling as frustrated and angry as all of you -- I looked at the website for the run/walk and its list of beneficiaries. They are selected by by the Entertainment Industry Foundation founded by Lily Tartikoff (Brendan Tartikoff's widow -- he was the former head of NBC and died of hodgkins disease as relatively young man). Here is their website (See the end of this post) -- they discuss the need for funding for breast, ovarian, cervical cancers -- but not lung. While I definitely know of the need for research for these cancers -- it is time to focus on lung cancer too.

I think that is very important to contact Revlon and have our voices heard -- but I also think that it will be more effective to continue to put the heat on after these races are finished. I suggest that we blanket EIC, the national news and radio stations, and other celebrities as well. It is hard when faced with the astounding numbers and the lack of research to argue that there isn't a great need for lung cancer research (male or female!)

Here is the contact at EIC:

Merrily Newton

Entertainment Industry Foundation

11132 Venture Blvd.

Studio City, CA 91604

(877) 876-9672 (give her a call too :) )

Here is the site:

http://www.eifoundation.org/national/nwcra/index.html