The right words competition

Cary

Marlo Thomas is compiling a new book with individual stories. the final date for submissions is April 16, 2004. Below is some details. It would be great if someone here got selected and mentioned this website in their story. What's the official name here now LCHelp.com or lung cancer survivors?

"That's why I'm so excited about our next project. Inspired by the touching and heartfelt response to The Right Words at the Right Time, we are compiling a second volume of stories and I'm hoping you'll be a part of the adventure by sharing a story of your own. If there's one thing we learned from the first book, it's that you don't have to be a prizefighter, or a world-renowned architect, or a concert violinist to have been affected by the power of words, and to have experienced firsthand how those words can change a life in an eyeblink. I'll bet you have a story just like that."

http://www.rightwordbooks.com/

Right Words Competition Story Guidelines

Call for Entries

Share your story for possible inclusion in an all new volume of The Right Words at the Right Time

Was there a moment when words changed your life? Whether they were spoken to you by a family member or friend; whether you read them in a book; whether you heard them in a movie or on the radio; we’d like you to share your story with us. Selected entries will be included in a forthcoming book of stories compiled by Marlo Thomas.

• In 550–1,500 words, tell us about the words that had a profound effect on you and how they changed or influenced your life. (For examples of the kinds of stories we are looking for please refer to the stories in The Right Words at the Right Time.)

• Include the following information along with your submission: first and last name, postal address, email address, age, occupation, telephone number, title of your story, and any background information that may be relevant to your story.

• Enter on the web at www.rightwordsbooks.com or mail entries to: Right Words Books, Atria Books, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.

To submit online: http://www.rightwordsbooks.com/submissionpage.asp

Cary,

I guess no one knows better than us how words can change a life in an eyeblink....I bet we have more that a few stories to contribute from here..

Thanks for the idea and glad to see your post ...