Taxotere

cherbut

Are there usually many side effects of Taxotere? My oncologist has told me that would be his next pick if I exhaust Taxol and Iressa. I have not had any side-effects from Taxol but Carboplatin was discontued because my platelets weren't holding up.

Cherbut

Diagnosed Sept. 2003 Stage IV nsclc

My first chemo was carbo/taxol and my doctor backed off on the taxol and did the carbo/taxotere combination, because he was concerned that the taxol was why I was experiencing such severe neuopathy so quickly. The combination of carbo/taxotere had side effects of fatigue, muscle and bone ache, continuing neuropathy and loss of hair for me. One treatment had to be postponed because of low blood counts and I did need Neupogin and Procrit. Don't know whether that would be the same as one one drug alone. It is difficult to know which side effects will apply because everyone is so individual in his/her reaction to the drugs. I think the main thing is to monitor your reaction and keep your oncologist totally informed so that any necessary adjustments can be made.

Margaret

Thanks for the information Margaret. I had just assumed Carboplatin was the major potential chemo problem for everyone. How did the Iressa work for you?

Cherbut

Diagnosed Stage IV nsclc Sept. 2003

Tumor had been shrinking "dramatically" (as the report put it) until last CAT March 2004 showed some growth instead.