Question on Zometa

London Lad

My dad has just recieved his second round of Zometa to help with his bone mets. Both times he's received the treatment, two days after he's experienced acid in his stomach and then vomitting. Does anyone else here know if that is a fairly common side effect?

Something interesting the physician told us about was that there has recently been published a peer review paper that has now demonstrated that Zometa is effective in lung cancer (previously use had been based on the effectiveness in other cancers such as breast). I've been unable to find the paper on the net yet but will keep trying.

London Lad Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:35 am Post subject: Question on Zometa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad has just recieved his second round of Zometa to help with his bone mets. Both times he's received the treatment, two days after he's experienced acid in his stomach and then vomitting. Does anyone else here know if that is a fairly common side effect?

Something interesting the physician told us about was that there has recently been published a peer review paper that has now demonstrated that Zometa is effective in lung cancer (previously use had been based on the effectiveness in other cancers such as breast). I've been unable to find the paper on the net yet but will keep trying.

//////////////////

No such symptoms with my wife but she has always received the Zometa during chemo sessions so the antiemetic / antinausea med may be masking Zometa side effects. This coming Wed. she will receive Zometa alone for the first time. If she experiences any such side effects I will let you know. RE: Zometa effective against lung cancer that doesn't sound likely. BUT, if you find any clinical studies on this subject please post the info. That would be interesting.