Newest Member
    MaryanneMK

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Blog Entries

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recent Discussions

• Waiting is the worst part of all this because your mind is free to imagine what it wants.  I've not had lung surgery but I've had plenty others and they all turned out way easier than I expected.   Good luck to you and May your recovery be wpeedy      
    • Well my RLL segementectomy is tomorrow. The waiting has been hard.  Most days I have done pretty well but today is going to be a struggle. I am kind of a wreck. Of course I am worried about what it will come back as even though the preliminary tests are relatively "good". But I am also worried about the actual surgery. I mentioned I had a stroke last year. I am fine from that but a PFO was discovered for which take daily blood thinners. I had to stop taking those on Saturday and am worried about that, etc. etc. etc. My neurologist doesn't seem too concerned but I am.  Just a ramble, I guess but I am thankful to have this group to ramble to. 
    • Gosh, you have been through the mill. Cannot imagine going through major surgery with so little result. BUT - I am a huge believer in immunotherapy and I keep seeing something akin to miracles for immuno people, so if you are a candidate there is plenty of reason for optimism. My cancer had spread to lymph nodes as well, and disappeared completely with Pembro ( Keytruda), leaving only lesions on my adrenals, which they removed surgically two years into treatment. Fingers crossed you will have a good result as well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.