interesting find!!

RandyW

Feel the VIBE: Greeley inventor says it’s a healing device

By Marisa Beahm

The Reporter-Herald

A new trend of “vibing” is charging Lovelanders.

People spending a few minutes in the field of a VIBE machine, or Vibrational Integrated Bio-photonic Energizer, call the process “vibing.”

The yet-untested machine creates an electromagnetic charge that raises the body’s vibrational and energy levels, according to creator Gene Koonce of Greeley, who owns VIBE Technologies. He patented the device in 2003.

Koonce is in the process of receiving evaluation from the Food and Drug Administration, but the VIBE’s claims have not been verified.

The Machine

The 4-foot-tall, 85-pound VIBE machine is composed of 12 noble and inert gas tubes that contain argon, krypton and water vapor. When activated, it releases a loud, buzzing sound and, like all electric appliances, creates an electromagnetic field around the machine, according to www.VIBEmachine.com.

It is supposed to charge a body’s bioelectric field, which is lowered when it becomes overwhelmed with toxic substances, thoughts or feelings.

Depending on a person’s ailments, the user gets the treatment for two to eight minutes on a daily or sporadic basis.

Koontz was inspired by the work of Russian scientist Georges Lakhovsky. He claimed healthy cells acted like batteries and he had discovered how to re-charge them using a multiple wave oscillator.

Bill and Willie Brown of Loveland said the VIBE Machine saved Bill’s life.

Bill was given four to six months to live in September 2003 after being diagnosed with prostate, bone and lung cancer.

After doctors told him he was too sick for radiation and chemotherapy, his wife, Willie, heard about the VIBE machine and took her husband to “vibe” daily.

Willie, a nurse of 50 years, was skeptical of alternative medicine and “didn’t even want people to see her” going to VIBE Technologies, she said.

However, within three weeks, Bill showed improvements and was cancer-free in a year, Willie said.

In February 2004, the couple bought a VIBE for $18,200, and they allow people to use it on a donation basis.

The machine was paid for in seven months, and the Browns opened the V.I.B.E. Villa, 1966 W. 15th St., where anyone can come and use the machine for a suggested donation of $5 a session, Willie said.

The VIBE Web site does not make any medical claims, but the Browns say they have seen the device help cure psychological and internal and external ailments in humans and animals.

Because Callie Stewart, the Browns’ daughter, has seen animals recover from afflictions such as tumors after being treated with the VIBE, she said it dispels the idea that it’s placebo healing.

“The animals don’t know they are supposed to be sick, and they don’t know they should be getting better,” Stewart said.

The VIBE is available at five sites in Loveland, according to the VIBE Web site. The cost per session can range from $5 to more than $20 a session.

Background

Until the VIBE undergoes a complete study, medical professionals cannot make a statement to verify its value, said Ben Meyerhoff, manager for the Center for Integrative Medicine in the University of Colorado Hospital.

Meyerhoff can’t say the VIBE machine is a breakthrough therapy without more studies, he said.

The Federal Drug Administration has not approved any alternative machines or products connected to electrical sources, but it has launched an investigation into the industry, according to the American Cancer Society.

The cancer society does not recommend relying on electromagnetic treatments for cancer without conventional medical care.

Koonce is used to skeptics.

“When something new comes out, individuals generally look at it with skepticism, and what I tell them is, they should try the device and make their decision on their own,” he said.

Ginger Bowler, a graduate of the Holos University Graduate Seminary, a spiritually based holistic healing school in Missouri, conducted three clinical investigations on the VIBE, linking it to anti-aging benefits and the lessening of the effects of anxiety and depression.

Bowler said the VIBE doesn’t have widespread use because “there is too much money to be made in disease and sickness,” she said.

Lee Whittemore, a chiropractor at the Loveland Wholistic Health Center, said he used to have a VIBE machine in his office. His clinical experience was that people would feel more energy after they used it, he said.

Whittemore said he never promoted it to heal a specific condition but as an energy device.

He wouldn’t try to convince people that it worked, because, “if you really believe strongly enough that something is going to work or not, you’ll be right,” he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All contents Copyright © 2008 Daily Reporter-Herald. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed for any commercial purpose.

• 5 months later...

Just as an FYI to all, I signed up Tuesday for a month's worth of VIBE machine sessions here in Boulder and had my first two 10-minute sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday (I plan a session a day for a month).

I did not sign on because I believe that the VIBE machine can cure cancer (or anything else), but because universally those who have used it have claimed an increase in energy (any other positive results would simply be frosting on the cake). And those of you who are familiar with my positions in respect to Quality of Life will understand that, now that I am on hospice and my cancer going untreated, I am concentrating on maximum Quality of Life in the weeks and months to come.

I will report back here at the end of the month as to whether I believe that any benefit was accrued by these sessions (although I also plan to try a couple other homeopathic remedies so anything I report may be meaningless in re which remedy was of help, if any).

Side Note: The website noted above is no longer functional (taken down at insistence of FDA with whom the inventor is now corresponding re clinical trials, etc.).

Affectionately,

Carole

• 3 weeks later...

You're welcome, Randy.

I've now been doing 10-minute VIBE machine electromagnetic therapy sessions an average of 5 days weekly (usually not on the weekends).

I can't say that I've noticed any difference at all, but then I don't know but what it's keeping me from feeling worse. :( I have to confess I probably wouldn't still be using it other than the fact that the owner is giving me a "break" ($50 mo. for unlimited sessions).

As noted earlier, the FDA has pulled the VIBE machine website pending substantiation of claims (See http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/vibe.machine.greeley.2.780695.html, which also states marketing of this machine is now taking place under the name of Quantum Plus).

Also complicating analyis of the results of using this machine is the fact that I have also changed my daily supplements (particularly the addition of Mona Vie and massive increases in both oral Vitamin C and D). but again, I can't say I've noticed any difference. On the other hand, I'm stil "Dancing in the Street" so who know? (Plus it is definitely too soon to tell re at least the vitamins, if not the others).

I'll post more on this subject when/if there is news to report. In the meantime, I continue to do well.

Affectionately,

Carole

Yesterday's Regrets Belong to Yesterday