Wonderful hospice in New York City

Melinda

Dear all,

In case any one is ever searching for information about hospices in/around New York City--I wanted to post about Calvary Hospital Hospice: the nation's only fully accredited acute care specialty hospital devoted EXCUSIVELY to providing palliative care to advanced cancer patients.

Like all of us, I'm sure, I am one picky person when it comes to medical facilities (doctors; quality of care; efficiency; cleanliness; atmosphere; food; you name it). I can almost always find something to gripe about (the nurses have too many patients to see--which prevents them from doing their job vis a vis MY loved one as well as both they and I would like; the food stinks; the facility is depressing, etc.).

Not so with Calvary.

If you, or any one you know, is searching for a facilty that provides in-patient or out-patient care (or maybe even a referral to a facility in another part of the country)--I would strongly recommend contacting them:

Calvary Hospital

www.calvaryhospital.org

Toll-free phone: (877)-4-CALVARY

And, no, I am not affiliated with Calvary in any way, shape, or form. I am simply one impressed individual.

Melinda

Thanks Melinda,

I am sure this recommendation will be helpful to a lot of folks in your area.

I wonder if anyone has similar recommendations as far as hospices in CA are concerned!

Hope you and and Geoff are coping well and that your Mom is comfortable. Love. Paddu

Paddy--

Call Calvary and ask them if they know of a few facilities in CA they might recommend.

If they don't know of any--or of any they think highly of--I'm sure they will simply decline to give a referral.

It can't hurt to ask, though!

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda