Poll

Guest DaveG

Do we want or need a Under 40 Forum?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want or need a Under 40 Forum?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...
Guest helene

I don't think that its necessary to seperate us. We all suffer in the same way. Children and teens however, are a different story but then the parents or care givers would be writing.

helene

No...I'm not so far removed from my 30s that I can't relate to younger survivors and caregivers. Though not diagnosed until my early 40s, the cancer was present (and suspected by me) and causing problems by my early 30s. I know how my ill health affected my (then) young children. And during that same time I was caregiver to my Mother, who had lung cancer herself. So, no. Please don't divide us...United we stand. You know what happens when we begin to fragment.

Fay A.

PS This disease is hard on everyone..no matter what age..no matter what age your children, spouse, parents. Anyone who would try to imply that this is more difficult on one group than another (and that includes any class of family member or friend) would be just plain wrong. If you love someone who has lung cancer this is going to be hard on you. Period. If you have lung cancer this is going to be hard on you. Period. If you lose someone who had lung cancer this is going to be incredibly hard on you. Period.