Mets to where? and what does he have???

rinksgal

I am so confused, we have been told 2 different things now, one from the regular oncologist and something different from the radiation oncologist?? I guess kind of the same but not quite....

We saw the oncologist today(Wednesday) and this is what he told us.....They see 40 or more people today at the James Cancer Center in Columbus OHio and they have never seened anyone have fever and night sweats with adenocarcinoma...So they have order a bone biopsy for monday Morning at 8:30am and then they are doing chem and radiation....one week of chemo with radiation then weeks of radiation alone 5 days a week, and the last week with radiation and chemo...Chemo combo will be etoposide and cisplatin.

This is what we were told:

He either has lymphona and it has metastasized to the lung (which is what they thought he had was lung cancer, which was removed May 20, 2003)

Or he has nsclc which has mestastasized to the nodes, in which case he is the first case they have seened with his symptoms of fever and profuse night and day sweats..

or he has 2 types of cancer???????????????? Lymphona and NSCLC..

They are having his pathology slides sent over to them, so they can review them theirselves... and the bone marrow biopsy which is on Monday along with chemo and radiation...(they said the chemo alone would take 6 hours) They said that the slides and the bone morrow biopsy would help them determine what he actually has. The cardiothroaic surgeon is the one that made this dx in May of nsclc, with grant hospital.

Does anyone know anything about the chemo drugs he will be having????????? or has anyone had anything like this happen ????

How the he_ _ can they not know what he has??? I'm so dang confused and upset. I'm not sure what I want to hear. They wouldn't or couldn't even give him a stage until they find out whats going on... I'm feel like my whole world is caving in!!!!!! He's handling all of this so good, and I"m trying!!!

Just another update on Darrell: this is the one from thrusday when we visited the radiation Oncologist:

The radiation oncologist says that 2cm mass in his medistinum area is not in the actual node, althought there is one node that is a little swollen, to him it looks like the same type of tumor they took out when they removed his right upper lobe of his lung, which is the adenocarcinoma nsclc poorly differentiated (non small cell lung cancer). They did do another cat scan today at the James Cancer Center.. The original one that someone else did on his chest didn't get a picture of this area of where the new tumor is growing...this one was done before he ever had his surgery May 20th (So was it there all along???) Do Doctors even know what the he_ _ their doing??

If so this means it metastasized to the chest area,which would make him now a stage 4, but I don't know nothing for sure, but he also thinks he might have lymphona too because of all of his other syptoms, so we still won't know the answer to that question, not till after monday... I will keep you all posted!! Pray for me to be stronger, I'm not being very strong at this point!! I"m scared to death...Its just not good!!!!!!!!

OH, WHAT A MESS OF MESSES....

WILL BE PRAYING THAT THEY COME UP WITH WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING AND THAT THEY CAN GET YOUR LOVED ONE BACK ON TRACK AND START KILLING WHAT IS THERE....

WILL WAITE FOR TUESDAY TO SEE HOW HE IS. POST IF YOU CAN...