Need a name!!!!

Jyoung20

Please give me ideas for a catchy name for a lung cancer fundraiser/walk to fund research. I thought that who better to ask than people that have experienced this disease first hand. A name that would really appeal to public interest.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

We decided to go with LUV YA LUNGS!!! We are planning on having the fundraiser in January and we are gonig to have a silent auction. If any of you have anything you would like to donate or any suggestions, I am open to all. I am so excited about this. This will be the first Lung Cancer fundraiser Memphis has had(to my knowledge). I decided to wait until January because of the hurricance diaster. All of the proceeds will go to the Lungevity Foundation for Lung Cancer research.

Living life,

Jamie

Jamie,

what does silent auction involve? sorry i am not too bright on these things.

when do you want: stuff? art?? pricing?

are you going to have a website to post the items with info?

insurance on the stuff?

what is the date, where?

Congratulations on getting the work on this underway, they are enormous endeavors, let us know how we can contribute specifically.

joyce

Hey Joyce,

A silent auction is where you basically have many,many tables set up with the items donated and listings by each of who they are from. Registration is don when people enter --you have a starting time and a stopping time. Each person is given a number. They look through all of the items and find the ones they want to bid on and write down the price they want to bid on a bid sheet located in front of the item. They continually check back to see if they were outbid. If they were outbid they can bid again. When the time runs out the auction is over. That's basically it. Right now, I am in the process of trying to get bonding issues taken care of, vision statements, and my fabulous five people that are going to help me with this. I have two so I am looking for three more. I have my purpose lined up and everything that I am trying to accomplish through this fundraiser. We are also going to have live bands(high school concert or marching and junior high concert - maybe a jazz band), a blues guitarist, maybe some quartets, harpist, blue grass group and more. I am wanting this to be quite an event---I have found contacts with local radio and local television as well as a local cancer foundation to help. I am so excited about doing this I am about to burst--I'm so glad GOD led me in this direction. We are just getting started and have a long way to go. I am really not set up for getting donations yet----I will be soon. Anything you would like to donate, we would love to have. As soon as I get the bonding issue taken care of I will let you know.

Living Life,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I also want to pass on some info for you. We just did a golf fundraiser today and had a silent auction. We found a company called Charity Works. They gave us mostly sports memorabelia and handle items on consignment. They set the pricing and bidding increments for you. They set a price that they need to get back for their cost, but then anything over and beyond that, the charity gets. Ours was pretty successful today. I don't know if the particular company we used would do this out of the general Sacramento area, but I'm thinking there may be a similar company that offers the same type of thing. Golf courses in your area might be able to give you a name of someone that can help you in a similar fashion. They provided us great items. We had a signed autograph picture of Joe Montana, Rat Pack, Beatles, etc. Also, some of the NFL, NBA organizations will provide you with one signed item if you write to them on charity letterhead. The Sacramento Kings gave us two items to auction off that were signed by their big players. Good luck!

Natalie and Joyce,

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I have spoken with Joel at Lungevity and we will be sending all donated money to that foundation. We decided to wait until January because of the Hurricane disaster down here. I am going to start next with making sure I have all of the legalities worked out. (Bonding issues, taxes, start-up money)

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Jamie