It's Ordered

kim

Dad finally went and ordered mom's stone. He was not happy thought with the way my sister got it done. She went and asked his fiance to talk to him about it. He said she shouldn't have asked her, but I told him Cindy didn't want to get into an argument with him and make him mad; which happened anyway. So, there you have it! I told him to just let it go and move on. I also told him how much we appreciated him doing this for us.

He is getting married next month and I am very happy for him. But, in a way, I feel like i'm loosing my dad to someone else. But, that to will pass, I'm sure.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of mom's death and I think I miss her more now then ever! The past several nights I lay down to go to bed I would start thinking of her and just start to ball like a baby. In some ways it doesn't seem like a year, but in others it seems so much longer. I guess it's because of the anniversary date that all these memories have come flooding back and it's a little overwhelming. For some reason I can just feel my mom saying," Move on Kimberly Ann, Don't waste the tears on me, I'm home, I'm happy, and you should be too. Just take care of my boys!" So, that's what I'm going to do. Just get on with it!

My mom's brother was recently diagnosed with SCLC, just like my mom, and he is doing okay. Maybe they have gotten to his in time.

All is well in my world, well, as well as it can be I guess! And I'm greatful for every little quirky bit of it!

Praying for everyone,

Kim,

I am thankful that your father has found someone who not only cares for your father but she also cares for your girls, otherwise she wouid not have talked to him about this.

It is too bad your father did not listen to you girls but he did finally do what you wanted him to do.

I too cried like a baby when the anniversary came around the first time....and I did it the second year too. Anniversaries are hard to deal with at times. I am glad you made the decision to be happy for your mothers memories and for the kids.

Take care and warm hugs going out to you.

Shirleyb

Kim, I am so glad that your father has placed the order for your moms' stone. I know what peace of mind you must have from knowing this is done. I think you have been dealing with all this like such a trooper and I am very proud of you. I hope your father will be very happy. I, for one, can definitely tell you that these anniversaries can be real kickers! Sending hugs...((((((((((((((Kim))))))