Dad Getting Married

kim

Well, the day is close at hand. Dad is getting married Sat. Nov. 12th. In one hand I am sad, because this means life as I knew it when Mom was alive is going to truly be over. It won't be Mom's house anymore. It just hit me like a rock again, she really is gone. She is buried 6 ft. under and isn't coming back. Some days it just slaps me in the face and just takes my breath away by it's sudden surface in my mind. I like to think that the reason I have this happen is that my mind is trying to tell me that she is gone, but in my heart she never will be, and I think that is why it hits so hard. She's always with me. So, with that said I can honestly,with all my heart, say " Horray for Dad!!" I truly am very happy that he is moving on with his life with a wonderful women who makes him very happy. It took a little time to come to this point, but I made it!!! It will just take time to get used to the usual stuff like her answering the phone when I call, or my Dad calling her, "Honey" instead of Mom. I now know that I'll make it, and finally feel like my life is moving on too!

So, heres to my Dad and his soon to be wife, may they have a long and happy life together. :D

Kim,

I am glad you have gotten this far. I know it has to be hard for you because I am in your father's position with my children. It has taken them time to get use to the idea that there is someone else in my life too. I just keep praying that all of them come to the same understanding and acceptance that you have come to with your father. Your fathers new love will never replace your mother and she probably will not try to. But if you and she can become friends, then it will enrich not only your life, but her's too. It will also bring your father happiness.

I am happy for you. Bring on the party!!! You know your mother would want your happiness and your fathers happiness too.

Shirleyb

Congradulations to you Kim. You have come a long way and I know how hard it must have been for you. Your mom will never truly be gone. She will always be with you and dispite his marriage she will still be with your dad. He needs someone and just be thankful that he found someone who is so good for him. He isn't replacing your mom he is just doing what he needs to do to survive. She is probably somewhere cheering for both of you :!:

(((((Kim))))))

I know you must have so many mixed emotions. Happiness for your dad and relief that he is ok and will be ok, but also all those new fresh feelings of grief. I hope you are being gentle with yourself in all of it. You know I relate to where you are, and if you ever need an ear if it gets hard to wrap your head around, I'm here. Goodness knows you've been there for me!

I hope the wedding is beautiful and that you're able to simply glow with joy for your Dad's happiness.

Kim, I know how hard and long this road has been for you. I can remember the very day when you first posted about your dad seeing this woman. I am so proud of you! I know how hard this has all been for you and there may still be some rough times down the road, as you begin this new phase of your life. Just remember that your mom will never truly be "gone" as she will live forever in your heart and memories. You know, Kim...your dad's bride probably has no desire to be taking anyones place. She probably wants to be herself and be loved for who she is...not take your moms place. You know no one will ever be able to replace your mom. I'm so glad that you are happy for your dad! You know Kim, if I had ever had a daughter, I would have wanted her to be just like you!!! I am so proud of you!!!

Oh! You guys are SO sweet! Ann, that is so nice, I started to cry!!! Eunice told me the first day I met her that she would never try to replace my mom, but that she hoped we could become great friends. I really think that will happen with time. She is a great lady. We had such a great family with mom. I think she would want us to bring her into our family and show her how great a family can be. My mom taught me how to do that, and now it's my turn to pass that on. Mom will always be in my heart, but also in my actions and in the way I make my way through life. She was a good christian woman, forgiving, loving, compationate, and always willing to help those in need. Well, it's my turn to pass on these qualities; I am who I am today because of her, so she will always be with me; she is me.

Thanks so much for being here for me, you guys are like family to me. I will always be here for you!

P.S.

I don't get to go to the wedding because no one would work for me this weekend. I know, just call in sick, but I really need the money.(I'm the main bread winner!) Dad is okay with it though. I don't know, maybe I'll suprise them! Have to think on it.