WBR verses SRS/Gamma knife

karen335

Appt. today for Consult with Radian Onc.. All they do at this facility is WBR. I told doctor, I wasn't going to do WBR. He asked me why and I told him. WBR is used for 4-5 or more mets and suggested Protocall for less mets is SRS (stereotactic radiation or gamma knife) is used for 4 or less mets.

His comment to me was, you have done your research young lady. You are right, good job, I love to meet advocates about their health. He also said I was a miracle.(re; LC) I was impressed with this doctor's honesty and mannerism.He didn't try to B/S me, he siad what scares you the side effects or what.I mentioned this site and also gave him the address and told him I didn't want to die in two years either based on what I have researched and read. He said, we can't do anything for you here, but we do SRS and Gamma knife at our L.A. office. I'll get approval from your insurance to possibly be treated there. We will contact you once approved...

Good Luck and prayers to all,

Karen

Not sure where I should post this~~~~

It does pay to research :wink: