Labs for pathology analysis

carol

Hi,

My father had the surgery in June to remove the upper and middle right lobes. The doctor also found some tiny nodules in his left lung. He was staged IV. However, he's been doing extremely great after surgery. All the pain is gone, he can walk or ride a bycycle for more than 30 minutes, he gained back the weight, his blood test came back great. His last CT scan is clear even though we know the tiny nodules are still there. Anyway, we are not giving up!

He just mailed me his tumor slides (He lives overseas). I am looking for a lab to send in the slides for pathology analysis. I would like to find out the subtype of his tumor (Adenocarcinoma), some drug resistance indicator such as ERCC1 and Beta Tublin, and tumor ‘marker’ such as P53, Ki67. If you have any information on this, please let me know.

Thanks

http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-147.shtml#step1

I tried contacting IMPATH for my mom. They said the Doctor must contact them for you. The cost will probably be out-of-pocket. I personally wanted my mom to get the tests but she didn't and obviously it was her choice. Best of luck

Contact information for IMPATH is as follows:

New York

521 West 57th Street, Sixth Floor

New York, NY 10019

Los Angeles

5300 McConnell Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90066

Phoenix

810 East Hammond Lane

Phoenix, AZ 85034

Telephone: (800) 447-5816