Not good news on mother in law

hi all, my mother in law had to be rushed to the emergency room on Saturday night because she couldn't walk. She just finished up radiation about 2 weeks ago on a growing tumor in her brain and all of the sudden she started falling, losing balance and then on Saturday night she couldn't get out of the chair and we had to carry her to the ER. They admitted her to the hospital and she has been there now for 5 days. She hasn't regained any strength and she is constantly confused. They did CT scans and an MRI and it didn't show anything that would tell us why she is like this all of the sudden. It happened so fast - it was unbelievable. My husband and i seem to think that it had to be something with the radiation - has anyone else experienced anything like this at all? We are trying Iressa and she is being admitted to Hospice and we are taking her home, since she's not improving and the onc seems to think this is the best option other than putting her in a full care facility and we just couldn't bring ourselves to do that. We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, please keep us all in your prayers and thoughts.

Yeah there are some complications with Iressa and Hospice - we are working some of that out now. For the time being we have 30 day supply and will cross the bridge of getting more when we come to it. She has secondary insurance which should pick up the costs of scripts, but then again, they don't want to do it if she is on Hospice -anyone have experience with that? Hospice doesn't mind if she is on Iressa, Medicare just won't pay for it, and her secondary wants to discontinue coverage if she is on Hospice, i don't know - it seems like a lot of paperwork, but we will keep on and hope for the best.